Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 band isn't staying in place

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I change the straps on my Fitbit Charge 4, one of the sides won't click in and falls off very easily.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Welcome to the Community, @mitchbloch.

If you are having problems with your bands, I recommend taking a look at the help article: How do I change my band on my Fitbit device? and make sure you are following those steps to change your bands.

Let me know the outcome.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are several threads about this issue on the forums.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/Gap-between-the-Charge-4-tracker-and-the-band/m-p/4315639

You can contact Fitbit and they will offer to replace your charge 4 but the issue persists for users in their new devices

Best Answer
0 Votes

This watch band system is awful. I purchased mine 3 months ago, and I cannot wear it because it just drops off. The bands do not stay connected to the watch. I understand replacement are no better. Would prefer to return the whole thing . For the price we pay for these, the quality is lacking in this one.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @Laane-Fralick Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment.

At this time, I've noticed that you have reached out to our Support Team for further assistance and they are currently working on your case. If you still have additional questions or inquiries, please let them know and they will be more than glad to continue assisting you. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Fitbit a year ago and bought extended warranty. When I contacted Fitbit, I was told that my band problem was not covered by warranty. I’m left high and dry after spending a lot on this product.

very upsetting and will make sure others know about this!!!

Best Answer

Mine is about 2 years old, the band system literally failed on me completely. So I bought new ones, the new ones FROM Fitbit literally won't stay on and they pop off all the time. I too was left high and dry on this issue unless someone here can offer me advice for a fix for my Fitbit charge 4. 

Best Answer

Just had this happen.. tried several replacement bands. My fitbit is only 1.5 years old and they told me there isn't anything they can do. Sucks.

Best Answer

Agreed. And with all the reports of this problem, FitBit still sells this product.worst of all, they then don’t follow through helping their customers who have this issue. It speaks very poorly for the business ethics of this company

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has this problem due to the release button being stuck in the depressed position.  I believe it has dirt built up inside.  Luckily I was able to manually pry it back up by placing my fingernails under each side and lifting.  I then press it and pry it back up a few times to loosen.  I was then able to click the new band on and it is staying.  I remember this happened last time I changed the band and that one stayed connected over 6 months.  Hope this works for some of you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I tried all of this, as well as a new band. It would click in and still drop off a short time later.
Seems to be an issue in the design.
They did offer to replace the whole thing for me, yet, the ussue had not been resolved, so it was pointless.
I ended up getting a 50% off credit toward a different one, so I opted for the Luxe and I love it.
Too bad I wasted so much money on the Charge 4.

Monica Laane-Fralick
Best Answer
0 Votes