Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 band isn't staying in place

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is because the clip on the body of the tracker has broken. This is a fatal flaw with the Charge 4 and FitBit shrugs it off with claims that the tracker is out of warranty. I have been extremely disappointed in that business practice and it concerns me about purchasing any other FitBit product.

so what I have done is duck tape the bands onto the body of the tracker. I remove tape to recharge. When bands cracked, I purchased an inexpensive replacement off of Amazon. This has now worked for me for over a year. While certainly not optimal, it has helped me figure out what should be my next tracker purchase. I want to make sure that whatever I buy is worth the high price of these systems.

Moderator edit format and label. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I have the same issue.  Charge 4 is past warranty, and I did not get any help from customer service.  Explained my issue, was told to send pictures, then told an email will be sent.  Customer service rep then told me to end the chat.  Very disappointing.  Thinking about buying a Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. I ended up actually using crazy glue to keep the strap on. At this point my battery isn't holding a charge any longer anyway so it doesn't matter if the strap in on there permanently anymore. My Charge 4 isn't even 2 years old yet. Extremely disappointed in the product and no help from customer service. Will not purchase fitbit in future.

Best Answer

I hope the Fitbit leadership is reading these texts. They are creating poor will among their customer base!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @CliffyCat, @SunsetRunner and @JPE3914. Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thanks for the feedback regarding Charge 4 band.

If you are still experiencing this, please contact our Support Team.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes of course this is a problem. I am now wearing my Charge 4 that is held together with duck tape. When I first contacted support I was told it was out of warranty and was offered a discount for a new Charge 4. Why would I spend money on some product that has a fatal flaw. And knowing it’s flawed, why are you still selling that product? That is irresponsible and terrible customer service!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This same thing happened with my fitbit as well. It's only been 18 months and a piece on the tracker that holds the band in place broke so I can no longer wear the fitbit. A clear design flaw if this is happening repeatedly. I would not want to buy this product again knowing that I spent all that money and it will just fall apart so quickly from normal use. 

Best Answer
0 Votes