Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 battery drain after update

On April 7, 2024, my Charge 4 rebooted with any update.  After which the battery began to drain quickly.  I went from 12%-15% drain in 24 hours to 65%-70% drain in 24 hours.

I have rebooted my iphone and rebooted my Charge 4 multiple times. I have also logged out of the app, uninstalled the app, etc. And the drain is still excessive.

Please provide some support to resolve this issue. Hopefully, this isn't engineered obsolescence, because that would definitely end my relationship with FitBit.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @RollinsCity. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for taking the time to share this inquiry. Sorry to know the difficulties that you are experiencing with your Charge 4. Also, thank you for trying to fix it on your own. 

Please, make sure to follow all the points listed in this help article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reducing functionality isn't the answer.  Up until the app update last week my battery life was 6-7 days, since the update my battery life is barely 2 days. I've noticed there has been a subsequent update that claims to fix bugs and improve performance, but it hasn't for the charge 4. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Spoke to someone today who was no help. Just said they would be in touch about warranties available to me. No help offered regarding the fact that my watch worked fine 2 days ago and now lasts 8 hrs if I'm lucky.

Best Answer

I have charge 5 and same happened yesterday rendering it useless as only last few hours from full charge (before update was seven days).   Warning to all - don’t update if you are out of warranty as despite many conversations the official answer is buy another one with discount code.   So disappointed as had used Fitbit for years 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was the exactly the same response I got. I didn't knowingly do any update, all I done was put it on to charge and that seemed to trigger something. It's like Fitbit switch off once your warranty is finished...... poor show!!

I've also used them for years but after this I won't be getting another one, discount or no discount.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  Used to decrease only 7 to  8% a day, now 20 to 30% a day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues and it coincided with the update. Battery life is why I have stuck with Fitbit for 5 years but now I am now going to look at all the other options out there. If battery life is this short there are a lot of trackers with attractive features that have similar (poor) battery life.

---

The battery life of my Charge4 has dropped considerably since I got an upgrade. Its 6 day battery life was the reason I have been loyal. Now it drains in under 2 days and I have NOT changed any apps or features that would explain it. I am in the market for a new tracker so now I'm going to look at other brands. Most had the same (poor) battery life but other attractive features so it's a level playing field now. PS: the part that the strap attaches to the tracker also broke last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The feature of the Charge 4 is that it's not too big, so the internal battery is small - I just put mine on the charger every time I take a shower.  That's every day so my Charge 4 is normally at least 70% to 80% charged.  Basically I am very happy with the Charge 4, it's a great design and functional although replacing the battery is not possible ... I suspect that's an "economic feature" for all manufacturers these days.

My change 4 is still working great - I'm only charging it for about 10 minutes every day and don't expect it running for more than a couple of days uncharged.  It seems that always keeping it a little charged every day has always been helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having exactly the same problem. My fitbit has worked absolutely fine until the last few days. Now not holding enough charge to get through the day ! So frustrating. My Fitbit is in great condition as less than 18 months old.

Best Answer
0 Votes