Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 broke where the band attaches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love my Charge 4, but last night the band broke. Well, not the band itself, but the connector piece that's attached to the actual tracker broke off. There's always been a small gap between the tracker and the band, so I'm worried that if I get my Charge 4 fixed, this will happen again. I can't buy a new band, because the piece it snaps on to is what broke off. I wear it every single day, but I've only had it for about a year, so I was surprised it broke. Does anyone know if they are fixing the gap issue or if I should just invest in a different style of watch/tracker?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Fitbit customer support is doing their best, but right now be prepared for longer wait times. Please be patient. Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I have the same problem, but the connector is still attached but very loose.  That band has been falling off occasionally, but now it’s gotten worse.  I think if I keep trying it will break off also

Best Answer

My band broke after 2 yrs and could not be repaired. I did wear the drive with a wrist wrap.  Worked fine until I received a new one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have extra bands (I like to change colors to match my mood or outfits).  The part on the Fitbit that attaches to the band is loose and doesn't hold the band in place.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue a month ago and (with proof of purchase) getting a replacement wasn't much of a hassle. It's a common issue. My band was also showing a gap. I got a replacement and the gap is now gone, so I'm guessing the fixed that issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the first charge 4 replaced after the part you had snap off got looser and looser after 4-5 months.  Now the replacement, after 10 months , is staring to wiggle a little.  

Best Answer

it is happened to me too ! I’m very disappointed of this happened a few times as I’ve been claiming 2 or 3 times before about the same problem. 

Best Answer

My Charge 4, barely 1 year old, has broken and will not hold any band. I had to just put it away in a drawer.

For me it has become absolutely essential to monitor my sleep, my daily steps, zone minutes, etcetera, and as I did not want to wait  I just bought a new Charge 5 from Fitbit Chile, although they are more expensive here than if bought in the USA.

I would like to know if Fitbit will respond as it has in other similar cases of broken Charge 4 models. Judging by the number of Charge 4 users with a similar situation, I can say the evidence points to a manufacturing defect.

Cheers from Chile

Best Answer
0 Votes