Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 broken bands

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband’s Charge 4, purchased in June 2020, broke where the band meets the tracker. The band is intact, but the piece on the tracker that attaches to the band broke off.

i bought new bands but nothing to attach the bands to the tracker. I looked for a phone number to call for Fitbit...can’t find one. I looked for warranty information and all I can find is that the Fitbit has to be returned for warranty.

My husband is currently using electrical tape to keep it on and he does not want to return it and be without his Fitbit for who knows how long. I am frustrated as this is a defective issue and we will likely have to just buy a new one for him. 

Does anyone have some suggestions? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
91 REPLIES 91

Fitbit didn't replace my watch and merely offerred a small discount to buy a brand new watch. I bought a Garmin this time around instead and have had no problems for over a year now.

Best Answer

Contact Fitbit.  If you have the extended warranty, they will replace it. Since it's over 1 year old. They may offer a discount.  Luckily when I replaced my 2nd Charge 4, the Charge 5 Was on sale & with the discount, cost me just over $100. I was able to super glue while I waited for it to arrive, so there is hope.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did...that was the best they could do for me. It would have been still over $300  with the discount.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you've had your fitbit longer than 1 year, they will not repair it.  I just had to buy another.
Deb Krenitsky
Best Answer
0 Votes

wait--over $300 with the discount? The last I saw, they were going for under $150 without the discount. Having said that, I recommend you go over and read the comments on the Charge 5, before purchasing. There are quite a few unhappy Charge 5 owners too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jackie

I have exactly the same problem with my 2 year old Charge 4. It's very annoying that there seems to be a weakness with the strap fitting on the actual unit itself.

Did you manage to fix your husband's Charge 4? If so, how?

Many thanks

G

Best Answer
0 Votes

Over $300 for a Charge 5?  Wow.  The regular price is about $150. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm curious too. However, I doubt that is going to last long since the problem still is a wrong compound of the plastic they use for the bands.

Mine broke too, on three places at the same time, after wearing it less than a year... Imagine your €200,- Seiko braking down within a year..

band.jpggesp.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same happened to me with my charge 4. Watch attached area to band totally broke off. 
I thought charge 4 would be better than my Charge 3 i used - could hardly make out the screen with allthe lines across! 
done with fitbit as a make - inferior quality 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep - I have a suggestion for you. Buy a different brand. There are thousands, if not tens of thousands of complaints about the poor quality of the bands, the device and the service. I've gone through at least 4 bands in 2 years and my daughter the same - and now her device has snapped from the band  - just fell off her wrist one day so it's done. If his fitbit is done, don't waste your money on buying another only to go through the same thing again. There's a reason they have the moniker Sh*tBit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a known problem - fitbit have acknowledged it (look back 1 - 2 years of these posts and you'll see the comments from fitbit about it). They're not going to fix it. end of story.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree.

Bought this all-in-one Strap from Amazon for 20 pounds. Works a treat!

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes