Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 does not track my heart rate accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Lately my Charge 4 has been severely undercounting my heart rate during workouts and it's really annoying.

Typically it will be tracking my heart rate just fine and then suddenly drop for no apparent reason (it is perfectly secure on my wrist, if anything i set it tight enough that it doesn't even move during my runs and treadmilling). Sometimes it just keeps spiking randomly, other times it registers a steady heart rate that I can tell is well below what my actual heart rate should be (e.g. 120 to 130bpm when i'm deep into an intense cardio workout)

I've tried turning off Heart Rate on the tracker and turning it on again, charging to full before my workouts, wearing it on different parts of my arms, and more but nothing has fixed it

Seriously considering just migrating to another tracker provider at this point, it would be one thing if the Fitbit app could sync with a chest strap so I could get more accurate readings during runs but it doesn't.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @fractalmuse. Good to see you around in the community.

Thanks for the details regarding the issue with your Charge 4.

I would recommend performing a restart and to follow all the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of heart rate information, this has been useful to other users who have experienced something similar. In addition, the information mentioned here about other factors that could affect your heart rate reading. 

Best Answer
0 Votes