Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 does not track my paced walks

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I am having a problem with the Charge 4 and meeting my weekly exercise goals. My main mode of exercise is brisk walking around a track that's about 650 metres long - one warmup lap at 120 steps per minute, three to six at 144 - 150, and two cooldown laps at 108. Due to my schedule (and the heat during the day) I usually start these sometime past 11pm; depending on when exactly I start and how many laps I do, my walks continue past midnight into the next day

My Fitbit seems to correctly track my steps, distance covered and heart rate, but it simply does not recognise that I'm taking these walks. At first it would recognise them as Elliptical which is not ideal as I am not actually doing an elliptical workout (and the calories burned etc are very different). So I set the app to ignore ellipticals and now it just does not recognise any activity at all. I've had two days of activity go unrecognised now which is putting me behind on my weekly goal.

I know that you can manually log activity but when I try to log my activity as a walk, it breaks my step/calorie count (as far as I can tell it is adding all of the walk to the day I started it even though it carried over to the next day). Is that alright? I somehow feel like it's cheating especially the step counter. When I log it as a generic activity, it doesn't show up in my exercise goal.

I would appreciate some help with getting the tracker to recognise that I'm taking walks (for heaven's sake there's a GPS in it, can't it tell that I'm actually moving not exercising on a machine?) or at least with properly logging the walks after the fact.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Thinking about it, if the manual logging consistently adds the spillover calories to the previous day then in the long run my daily step count will still be accurate.

Even then I would like to have the watch actually do its job and track my exercise without me having to track and log it myself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, does anyone know how I can log my varying pace?

Best Answer
0 Votes