Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 heart rate inaccurate during workouts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 4 heart rate monitor does not record heart rate accurately. I work out daily to get my heart rate over 150 and at the height of my work outs - about 3/4 of the way into the workout - the charge 4 will register heart rates 20-30bpm lower than what my heart is actually doing. After a few minutes of these low readings, it will jump back up to record more accurately. Very frustrating!  I have tried different positions on wrist, tighter/looser, restarting the device, firm ware update. Nothing changes this weird drop in the middle of a work out. And I have confirmed the old fashion way that my heart rate is above 150. Not sure where to go from here. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @SunsetRunner Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed prior to posting. I'm very sorry for this experience and please note that my team is always working to enhance your experience with the Charge 4 and your feedback is a big part of that process.

I've seen that you have reached out to our Support Team regarding this matter and they have provided assistance. Since you have received assistance from them, I suggest you to update your case with the information they've requested from you, so they can continue assisting you. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have talked to support a few times over the past month. They recommend restarting the device and making sure the device is snug not tight on the arm above the wrist. These didn’t work for me.

My understanding from other things I’ve read is that the intensity and type of work out do affect the ability of the device to record heart rate. I was asking too much from this device. I have returned it and will be looking for an arm or chest device for my work outs.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I'm sorry for the experience and thank you for sharing your feedback. 

Please note that our team is always working to enhance your experience with the Charge 4 and your feedback is a big part of that process, it definitely helps a lot. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am currently dealing with this, myself.

It seems that once my heart rate reaches a certain level, the hr sensor takes a dump and it's almost always when my heart gets over 150ish.

I went through support forever and finally received a replacement the other day. Guess what? Same **ahem** thing.

I've even gone out with my Charge on one wrist and my wife's Sense 1 on the other and hers performs flawlessly. After a 3km power walk, mine registered 9 less zone minutes.

My walks usually generate between 50 and 55 zone minutes but I've been lucky to get 45.

I'm done with Charge 4. It only seemed to get worse with each update and the harder I work, the worse it performs.

It performs well as a daily driver but useless for strenuous exercise.

Glenn

Best Answer
0 Votes