Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 interval training isn't vibrating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Other Fitbit will vibrate when you set intervals to mark going from one interval to the next. The Charge 4 does not vibrate/buzz but only shows the interval is up on the screen. This makes the feature pretty much useless because now the user still has to look at their wrist the whole time to check the time.

Could this please be fixed? One of the reasons I bought mine is for the interval functionality.

Thanks. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

My Charge 4 tracker got an update yesterday, since then it's not vibrating in the interval workout mode, it should buzz every time you finish a rest/exercise interval. Anyone having this problem?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

It's great to welcome you, @CamiloSerrano.

Have you tried to restart your device? If you haven't, I recommend restarting your tracker by following the steps in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?. After this process, test the unit.

Let me know the outcome. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community, @ElineAnne.

Thanks for the information provided. I would like to know if your Charge 4 is vibrating when you restart it or when you set an alarm? Is this the only option in which isn't vibrating? In the meantime, confirm you followed these steps in order to set your intervals:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. Tap Interval Workout. 
  4. Set your intervals.
  5. Sync your device to save the changes.

I hope to hear from you soon. 🙂

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AlejandraFitbit  thanks for your reply. It does vibrate when I reach my step goal, when I set a timer or when I set an alarm. 

The interval training will work, I can set intervals and they show on my fitbit screen, but the buzz is missing. I tried adjusting the general vibration settings (normal vs. strong) but this did not make a difference. 

I found the following topics where people indicate they have the same issue:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/Charge-4-not-vibrating-with-interval-training/m-p/4253754

Thanks

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Fitbit Charge 4 happily vibrates when I hit 10,000 steps.

It seems weird not to have a sound to tell you when to shift from active to rest and needing to look at screen (usually off, so need to press as well).

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Mine also does not vibrate at the 10 till mark if I haven’t hit my 250 steps. This is a feature I loved with my alta and the charge 4 claimed to have the same feature. 

It does work for alarms, so I know the vibrate function works. 

Best Answer

Hey @Devonian, @ElineAnne and @Soccermom35, thanks for the information provided.

I just wanted to let you know that I have escalated this case to our team. Once I have more information about it, I will be glad to share it with you. Your patience and understanding will be much appreciated.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update?  I have this same issue.

Best Answer

@zaphod99 No heard nothing.

Its annoying as the manual confidently says it will buzz but offers no solution if it doesn’t.

The feature is pretty useless if you have to rely on keeping looking.

One thought is that I disabled the annoying voice congratulating you on walking a mile etc.

I wonder if that caused it.

Polite cough

I wondered if you’d heard anything.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I've never heard that voice, and don't think I did anything to turn that off.  Since I bought the tracker largely for the hiit feature, its pretty disappointing.  I haven't heard anything back from support.

It would be useful to know if the vibration feature in the hiit app does work for other people.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi @zaphod99 and @Devonian , no it is not solved for me yet either All I know is that it has been escalated as mentioned above by Alejandra from Fitbit. I also mainly bought the fitbit for this feature so it is disappointing. I also wonder whether this issue affects all Charge 4 users or if only some of us encounter this but I don't know anyone else with this device so I haven't been able to ask. 

Best Answer

Hey @ElineAnne@Devonian and @zaphod99, thanks for your participation in the Forums.

As mentioned previously, this issue was escalated to our team. I haven't received any update about it, but once I do I will be glad to let you know.

Let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, and it continued after a reboot. I’m using version 48.20001.82.46.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums, @pmlarkin.

Regarding this vibration issue with interval timer, I have escalated to our team for further investigation. Once I receive updates about it, I will be glad to let you know. In the meantime, you patience and understanding will be much appreciated.

I will see catch you later. 🙂

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

In order to continue with our investigation, I need you to reply the following:

• Do you have Active Zone Minutes Alerts = On?
  • Can you check that Do not Disturb is turned on?

I hope to hear from you soon. 🙂

Best Answer

Hi @AlejandraFitbit I have do not disturb mode turned off and active minute alerts turned on. Many thanks and let me know if you need more info. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heart rate zone alerts on

Do not disturb is on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Woohoo! I didn't even realize there was a do not disturb setting, but it was on.  I toggled it off.  When I retried the hiit timer, it buzzes! 

I have exercise alerts off.  I checked the manual for the active alert minutes, I don't see how to turn that on or off.

A small suggestion would be to have a different vibration pattern between rest and high intervals.  But I'm working now. 🙂

Best Answer