Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 is not tracking my distance accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I track an exercise lately it’s not logging the distance accurately. For example 1 mile roughly takes me between 14 and 16 minutes, lately it’s 23 minutes yet the same walk is taking the same time 🤷‍:female_sign:

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @ElaineSh. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and bringing this to my attention. I understand where your concern is coming from, I will do my best to help you! 

As a first approach, please note that Fitbit devices use the formula below to calculate distance. Your stride length is determined by your height and sex. Steps x Stride Length = Distance Traveled

Note when you track an activity with GPS, your device calculates your distance using GPS data rather than steps. If you begin moving before you get a GPS signal, your device calculates distance using your steps until GPS connects.

To update your stride length, track a run with GPS or measure your stride length manually. For more information, see Can I change my stride length in my Fitbit account?

For more information about GPS, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ElaineSh, mine started doing the same thing on March 11. It was working normally but since then, I am loosing upwards of a half to 3/4's of a km each time I go out. I have tried everything liked rebooting it and making sure it is up-to-date but nothing fixes it and like you, my time is off by over a min. Even looking at the map that is produced after my walk, shows me walking through peoples houses and yards and not at all following the street I walk on each day. Something updated and screwed everything up unless it is just time for a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes