Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 is tracking too many steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started walking about 1/2 hour ago and was checking the steps as I went along, 1000, then 1600 or so then I check again and it's over 8700 steps. What the hell is going on. I rebooted the Fitbit, but that is not making any difference. HELP!!!!!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Moscreations Thanks for unpairing MobileTrack. I will suggest testing your Charge 4 and see if during the next couple of hours or even tomorrow it continues with the same behavior or definitely was MobileTrack the one added too many steps. 

See you around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @Moscreations. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 4 before reaching out. 

By any chance, did you set up MobileTrack? MobileTrack is a feature that records basic stats such as steps using your phone's sensors if you don't have a Fitbit device available. But there was a fan or anything buzzing nearby, or if your phone was vibrating during that time, that might have caused you to receive incorrect steps tracked.

One of the recommendations is to disable this feature by following the steps described in this help article and monitor your tracker's behavior to see if this has any relationship.

Know that you can negate the extra steps in the Fitbit app. For more information, see: How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Hope this helps. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
The only choice when I selected Mobile Track was to unpaid it, so I did and refreshed the app but no change, it now shows9965 steps, which is grossly incorrectMoscreationsSent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Moscreations Thanks for unpairing MobileTrack. I will suggest testing your Charge 4 and see if during the next couple of hours or even tomorrow it continues with the same behavior or definitely was MobileTrack the one added too many steps. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Three times in the last month my Charge 4 has had a ridiculous number of steps.  I don't use MobileTrack; it isn't that the device failed to reset at midnight. The device is just adding steps for no apparent reason. I woke up today with 67K + steps.  I had about 10K when I went to bed yesterday.  Something else is going on.  Repeat: I DON'T USE MOBILETRACK.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem but mine says I’ve got 4K steps before I even get out of bed!!!???

Best Answer
0 Votes