Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 it’s losing track of my GPS activities

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I have to say that I’m disappointed about the poor quality of this charge 4 device.

Since the beginning, it’s losing track of my activities (GPS) and never recover by itself.

Last Sunday, a very clear a sunny day, without any cloud and without any cover on the device that could reduce it GPS track, during a walking exercise (so no speed at all)and it again lost satellite tracking and again, without recovering.

I did try a lot of suggestion found on the web to improve this but without results.  Since I could find a lot a post about this issue, this was also a bad signal.

I was just wondering if Fitbit would recognize this and if any commercial action could take place.  Not sure the device will ever work better.

MG

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Donquichotte.

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 4. Thank you for the time you spent trying to get them resolved.

Your Charge 4 has built-in GPS but also can use the GPS sensors on your phone to capture GPS. If you have had issues with connected GPS, please try the built-in GPS to see if your activity is tracked properly.

If you haven't done so, please follow the best practices and troubleshooting steps in this article in the menu "How do I get my Fitbit device to connect to GPS?".

In addition, you can restart your Tracker by following these instructions.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same issue, does built in GPS need phone to be nearby?

Best Answer
0 Votes