Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 just fell apart today

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my Fitbit Charge 4 just fell apart today.  

the plastic that connects the unit to the band, just broke. 

of course it is not covered under warranty. 

this is clearly a poor design as there are plenty of others who have also experienced the same problem. 

just warning all Do not buy the charge.  I wouldn't even buy the new one if the connection is still plastic

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

I contacted customer support a little while ago via the chat option.  I'm supposed to hear back from them regarding possible resolution.  That's all I know right now.  Fingers crossed they will be helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 4 is out of warranty.  I was offered a 35% discount on another tracker.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @PepperFan, I’m sorry that you were out of warranty ☹️  Seeing all the problems that their resent updates are causing on the Charge 4, Charge 5, and Inspire 2, I am quickly losing my confidence in Fitbit.  The third party bands from Amazon that encompass the pebble will allow you to continue using your Charge 4.  If you decide to use the 35% offer, read through the devices forums first to see what known problems people are having with them beforehand. You may find better deals though retailers (Kohl’s, Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart) and if you can get the extended warranty. 

Good Luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, its something. And they need to hear from folks suffering from their design flaw.

I THINK - but I'm not certain? That the Charge 5 fixes this problem by using metal posts? Don't quote me - maybe I'm dreaming.

HG
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the advice. I was looking at the Charge 5 which was on sale for
about $120. Unfortunately, I can only receive the discount off of the
original ($150) price rather than the $120 current sale price. In essence,
that's less than 20% savings off of the current price. I haven't decided
what I want to do from here.

I appreciate the suggestions.
Best Answer
0 Votes