Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 keeps turning off during my exercises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, even with the battery over 60% device switches off during recording exercise and is totally unresponsive (until I plug it back in)

At this point it will record nothing, not even steps and cant see the time.

i use the iPhone app with it.

ive used the customer service chat to try and fix but despite resetting, un pairing, and performing a factory reset the problem still happens. This is making the device useless for its intended purpose!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there, @Sare1500. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 4 is still crashing during your workouts. Thanks for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

If the steps that our Support Team has provided did not work, please feel free to contact them back for further assistance. Please note there's nothing left we in the community can suggest as our team already shared with you all the steps we could've also provided here. Also, since you already have a ticket open with them, it'd be easier to continue the follow up on this matter with them directly. 

We look forward to getting you back on track. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening with mine. Very strange I too have tried all the suggestions.  Trying to contact support team.  Hope they can help I loved my first Fitbit only replaced it because of the strap, I would not dare buy another incase that too was faulty now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to mine too occasionally, and my girlfriends, she gave up and got a Garmin. Oh well!

Tried all the things, update, restart phone, etc. It seems quite a common problem. but device is quite old. Rest of the time the device is ok, just when I run it stops. which is when I need it most.

@support. ok, it is an old device, happens. But is there a work-around? I always run with my phone anyway, so I can use the fitbit only for the Heart rate function, and let my phone do the GPS and pace functions? i.e. if the fitbit never goes into run tracking mode, I assume it won't crash. So can I start run tracking from the app and just use fitbit as pure HR monitor? or can I do this with Strava, which is what I upload all my runs too anyway?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same is happening with my Fitbit.  Not fit for purpose.   Definitely won’t be getting a Fitbit next time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to get around it by tracking a run using my phone instead, but alas the same thing happened!

yeah mine is older, but only 2 years, we expect more Fitbit!!

----

Post again if they find you a solution that could work for me if you can please! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a short test with tracking from the app, instead of from the fitbit. It did work at least once, but then heart rate information is not available this way. Basically, the last work around is just to track my run with Strava or other app, and not do any run tracking, and then afterwards look in fitbit  app to see what my heart rate was during my run, using the normal day view... but then it is only possible to very roughly see what it was doing, you can not zoom in as far as I know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have noticed that the device usually dies when you reach any goal, e.g. steps, active zone minutes, ...

Setting the daily goals to an unreachable level helped at least reducing the crashes. I still hope that the goals can be disabled completly one day

Best Answer
0 Votes