Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 not registering health metrics information

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Health Metrics has appeared as a tile on my dashboard.  It is supposed to report upon Breathing Rate ("BR"), Heart Rate Variability ("HRV") and Resting Heart Rate ("RHR").  This facility should be available to me as I have a compatible device (Charge 4), subscribe to FitBit Premium and I wear the Charge 4 to bed to track my sleep. Detailed sleep reports are available and RHR but in respect of both BR and HRV metrics it reports "No Data".

I cannot find any reference in the Charge 4 manual.  Do I need to do something to switch on this functionality?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

It's great to see you here, @Henry1953.

If you are not receiving your health metrics information, I recommend checking the following:

• Wear your device for at least 1 full day (during the day and to sleep at night). Check your stats after you wake up in the morning. Note: skin temperature requires 3 nights of data.
  • Make sure the back of your device is in contact with your skin. The band should be snug but not constricting. If you experience any discomfort, loosen the band, and if it persists give your wrist a break by taking it off.
  • Most metrics require at least 3 hours of quality sleep. If you move a lot during your sleep or the sleep session is too short, you might not get a reading.
  • For smartwatches, confirm you have an SpO2 clock face installed to track your blood oxygen saturation. For more information, see What should I know about health metrics in the Fitbit app?

Let me know the outcome.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is similar but only BR breathing rate doesn't display while the other stats do display. HRV, RHR and Sleep display correctly. 

Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

Best Answer

Less than five months old and the last few days it's been dropping feature after feature.  No spo2, then no breathing rate, then no hrv, then no sleep stats.  For the price I expect more than 5 months before it starts to fail

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra,

The problem remains, but is sporadic.  I wear my Charge 4 virtually all of the time, day and night, only excepting when it is on charge.  Also, each time I charge it, I reset it (I have found that sleep scoring goes awry if it is not reset frequently).  For example, my resu;ts for last night included:

Sleep Score: Full analysis (inc Time Asleep, Deep & REM, and Restoration)

Health Metrics

Breathing Rate (BR): No Data

Heart Rate Variabilty (HRV): No Data

Skin Temperature: Reported

Oxygen Saturation: Reported

Resting Heart Rate: Reported

Why would it monitor everything else but not BR or HRV?

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. I wear my watch 24/7 and got 7 hrs of sleep last night. My stats have recorded consistently for almost a year until yesterday. Yesterday, HRV and Breaths per minute stopped recording. Today, my specific sleep stats were gone.

Best Answer

Same issue started a few days ago.  Hadn’t had an issue prior.  

Best Answer

Similar problem here with a Charge 4 (which replaced a non-functioning Charge 3 at the end of May).  HRV and BR last reported on Friday, otherwise I have a good data for all of the other Health Metrics.  Then last night, I only received basic sleep data.  The latest version of the fitbit app was installed yesterday so I was hoping to see the Health Metrics issue resolved, but it wasn't and now I'm losing sleep data as well. 

Please advise what I can do to fix the situation.

Thank you.

Best Answer
Hi,
The trick on sleep data is to reset your Charge 4 often, especially every time you put it on charge or it gets an update. I was losing lots of sleep data (my main reason to pay for premium) until I started regular resets. Now I only lose data once or twice a month (hope that’s not a hostage to fortune!)
To reset, put the strap on charge, then press the buttons until the screen goes blank and then restarts with a smiley face (about 20 seconds).
H
Best Answer

I have this exact situation: No HRV or BR data since Friday and I only have basic sleep data for last night. Makes me wonder if it's not something on Fitbit's data processing side (i.e. their web service) rather than with our devices. I have not updated the Fitbit app recently.

EDIT: My Stress Management score also isn't updating. I don't think it's the device but something in the app or service.

SECOND EDIT: According to the pink banner at the top of the community site now it looks like my assumption was correct.

Best Answer

I updated mine but it didn’t fix the problem 😟

I’ll try that, thanks!

------------------------------------

I think you have a software issue.  Several people have reported the same two features quit on the same day. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Same issue with me. Worked since inception of health metrics, until Saturday night.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Bdapaul.

Thank you for the information provided.

Our team is aware of the issue with the Health Metrics (HRV and BR) and is working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble this situation could have caused. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

If you are not getting SpO2 readings, please visit this article, open the menu "Why didn’t I receive SpO2 data?" and follow the instructions.

In addition, please check if there is any pending SpO2 app update:

1. Open the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps
  3. If an app has a pending update, you'll see an Update button next to its name. Tap it to update the app.

Whether you don't see your sleep stats, please follow the steps in this article in the menu "Why don't I see sleep stages today?".

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok so this has supposed to have been fixed  ,while most things are working  it’s not fixed totally as of 07:54 GMT I have my units set to degrees C they are still showing in degrees F  my phone a galaxy S20 ultra is compatible  my software is android 11  everything is up to date ,the problem still exists  I have tried every solution that I was asked to try nothing has worked so I think it’s Time to send back the Fitbit 4 as it’s not fit for the purpose it’s intended to do

Best Answer
0 Votes

Slight improvement for me. Only RHR missing last night!

Best Answer
Breathing Rate recorded last night, but still no Heart Rate Variability?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got both readings.  I did disconnect from Bluetooth and reconnect after a few seconds yesterday.  I have no idea if that’s why !

Best Answer
0 Votes

All readings were back to normal today for me too!

Like you, I’ve sometimes turned off Bluetooth. Usually it’s when the Charge 4 wont sync that I turn off Bluetooth, until Fitbit asks me to turn it back on.  Then it usually updates.  Tried that for the health metrics info on Sunday but data for HRV and BR didn’t return until today.

-----------------------------------------

Both HRV and BR returned this morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

HRV and BR have returned for me too as of this morning. Sleep tracking and stress monitoring have also returned. 
Now could somebody please fix the issue with iron? I enter, e.g., 4% as the value for a food item on the website and it becomes 72% without any intervention from me when I check it through the app. It changes itself. I go back on the website and change it to 4% and by the time I check it again through the app it’s changed itself to some totally ridiculous value again.

Best Answer

All of my Health Metrics are now back this morning (RHRV, RHR, BR, Temp, SpO2), after I updated my Android device last night to Fitbit version 3.43.1.  😀

Using a Samsung Galaxy S10 (running Android OS 11) with my Fitbit Charge 4 (firmware version 48.20001.100.43).

Best Answer
0 Votes