Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 not registering sleep score

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

On the app it no longer gives me a sleep score just 'simplified sleep details'. Does anyone know how to change this?

Thanks x 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

I had the same issue because I thought you had to click on Start Sleep before sleeping everynight. Turns out that you shouldn't be doing that at all. Simply just go to sleep and the Charge 4 will do the rest and register your sleep score. Hope this helps 🙂

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I was able to resolve this by not using the app when I went to bed to activate the “sleep mode”.  Also made sure I was wearing the Fitbit high enough and tight enough on my wrist.   Both of these things resolved the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done both of these steps, but again it doesn't pick up on my sleep
everynight. It's very spotty when it does work.

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes

In a month I only had a sleep score 3 times. I have  never used the sleep now function, I have changed the sleep sensitivity in the profile, tryide to wear it on both arms, tighter or looser, tried reboot, heart rate off and on, still not working. It is also very inaccurate in recording the great taste during workout,  compared to a chest strap monitor  the charge 4 can under estimate the heat rate in excess id 30bpm! Be aware if you need to stay in specific heat taste range that the charge is not suitable and I would say dangerous

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried every thing available It will not work for me. Worked three times after Christmas and then stopped completely. No stages or scores. Very frustrating considering it is the reason i have it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

By the lack of response from Fitbit it atoms clear they are not planning to solve the issue.  And another week without sleep score had gone by.....

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do get sleep scores on my charge 4, but if your battery is low a lot of
the time it won't capture the 3 hour limit to create one. I just know it
won't be there. I have premium with my healthcare plan, but it doesn't make
a difference if I get one or not. Its not reliable at all. I bought one
thinking it would make a difference on my sleep, but I get better results
from my apnea machine.

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is hopeless, I've had far cheaper tracker bands that work much better. First night's sleep shows me fully asleep from midnight til 0730. Yet it was the most restless night I've had for ages. The sleep graph just shows one solid dark blue block for me being asleep which is totally inaccurate. I set my sleep time on the app as these times so I don't know if I can just delete those and let the band detect when I'm actually sleeping?

Very close to sending this charge 4 straight back for a refund 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you set the schedule in the sleep mode within the settings then the tracker wont work, but if you are referring to the sleep goal and target sleep schedule within the app they shouldn't prevent the tracker from working.

Without making any changes to the setting I probably get 2 sleep scores in a whole month if I am lucky.

It looks like fitbit is clearly not interested in resolving the issue 

Best Answer

Personally sleep tracking works consistently for me and hasn’t missed a day in at least 10 months. It is surprisingly accurate and showed exactly when my smoke alarm decided to go off for no reason at 1:00am last night. 

I don’t do anything special to make it work just wear the band all night. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the info 👍🏻

Best Answer
Thanks for that, much appreciated 👍🏻
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good for you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. Unfortunately, the app gives no options like "simplified sleep details." Since I've worn the Charge 4 (three weeks), I've gotten a Sleep Score eight times. Most nights it simply gives data without the score.

Best Answer

I've had this problem since November 2020.  It never gives an accurate account for sleep any night.  Even if I've slept up to 9 plus hours and up, it only records just shy of that magical '3 hour' mark.  Fitbit needs to invest in something better to track sleep, I'm tired of being their 'test bed' for this 'feature'.  I have some amnestic events, 'REM parasomnias' and thought I'd found something to help with that problem, but no such luck. I know it's not a 'medical' device, but thought they would have made some improvements with this by now.

Best Answer
0 Votes