Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 not registering sleep score

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

On the app it no longer gives me a sleep score just 'simplified sleep details'. Does anyone know how to change this?

Thanks x 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

Thanks.... Finally worked it out!😁 Why even give that option on your phone though if its never going to always analyse your sleep fully 🤔

Best Answer

Hi @hornblowr21 and @Lynnie123. It's great to have you here!

Thanks to both of you for your efforts while troubleshooting your Charge 4. I'm glad that your sleep score is now being generated correctly and I appreciate you for sharing the steps that worked for you.

@Lynnie123, about your question, let me share that the Begin Sleep Now option was designed to manually start and stop your sleep in case that you don't have your Fitbit device. Since the sleep is tracked directly on the Fitbit app, it won't take the heart rate readings recorded by your Charge 4 into consideration to generate sleep stages and sleep scores. Thanks for your feedback and please know that your comments won't go unnoticed.

I'll be around if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is still hit and miss on when is it recorded. I have it on all
the time when I go to bed, but its not reliable to capture the sleep stats
at all. I get better stats on my CPAP my-air app. I really need to know
when I'm in REM to see if it coralates with some sleep problems I'm having.
Do you have a fix date for this?

Thanks!

Jane

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JWPain. It's good to see you here in the forums.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing that your Charge 4 isn't tracking your sleep correctly.  I understand how important this your sleep data for you and let me give you a hand with this. As you may know your tracker will generate your sleep stages based on your sleep and heart rate data, which will then provide you with sleep scores. However, there are a few factors that may prevent you from getting sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app instead of just wearing your tracker to bed.
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

If those conditions don't apply to you, I'd recommend to make sure your Charge 4 and the Fitbit app are updated, restart your tracker and wear it to bed one more night and sync it when you're awake to check your details.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both my fitbit app and device are at level 48.20001.9629. I’ve restarted my
device.

If I wear my fitbit higher on my wrist, it usually slides down during the
night, so I wear it 1 and ½ to 2 fingers above my wrist where it bends. Its
pretty snug on my wrist.

My device was in the 80%+ charge range. I do get a consistant heart
monitor.

I sleep with a VPAP machine and it registered that I slept for 6 hours and
20 minutes, but the fitbit only picked up 2 hours and 35 minutes. Since I
only get details on 3 hours or more,

I didn’t get any detailed stats from the fitbit.

Thanks,

JWPain

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I am new to the Fitbit community and have had sleep issues for a long time.  I was so excited to get the sleep analysis the first 2 nights I wore the device to bed on my wrist, but then disappointed that I haven't had any of those analytics beyond sleep / restless / awake for the last 3 nights.  I did live chat today and it was recommended that I reboot the device so I am hopeful that will help tonight.

It sounds like other things that are helpful are:

1. not using the app to identify "begin sleep"

2. letting the device identify sleep on its own??  Or is there a way to do this in the Fitbit itself

3. wearing the band snug and high enough on the wrist

What do people usually do with the DND command at night?  Off, or remain On?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JWPain, I'm glad to see you here again. @LaurieM7, welcome on board.

@JWPain, thanks for reviewing my post, as well for the information provided. Since your Charge 4 isn't tracking your sleep times correctly to generate sleep stages and scores, I've got in touch with the Support team so they can create a case and provide you with assistance via email. Just take in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

@LaurieM7, thanks for sharing that your Charge 4 is also having this issue. Since you've contacted our Support team, I'd recommend to follow their tips and keep an open communication with them so they can continue helping you with this situation. About your other inquiry, the DND setting will prevent your device from vibrating or turning on when receiving notifications or alerts when it's enabled. For more information about this setting, check this help article under Charge 4 > Adjust settings.

If you have more questions, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah just don't press the begin sleep mode on your phone. 

If you just wear it to bed it will begin identifying your sleep and give you a score. Don't worry about the tightness or position of the band. 

It takes a few nights to know your sleep pattern before it will give you consistent scores! 

Best Answer

So update from me since my last reply 2.5 months ago. I’ve completely stopped pressing the ‘sleep now’ on the app and wearing the band 1 thing tighter. I’ve had score since. Sometimes i forget to tighten it up and it works but once i slept in a weird position and it didn’t give me a score so i’ve been more diligent to tighten it up at night.

Best Answer

Hi @Lynnie123 and @JessicaB37, I hope you're doing well.

@Lynnie123, thanks for your great help! Your post is very helpful and I'm sure your suggestions will help other members experiencing a similar issue.

@JessicaB37, thanks for your efforts while working with your Charge 4, as well for sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm glad that you're now getting sleep scores and I hope you continue enjoying the experience.

If there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Charge 4 since the start of this month September and have yet to get a sleep score. I have the latest firmware installed and have tried all of the suggestions to get it to work including full reset etc. The sleep and blood oxygen recording was the main reason I bought this device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

Since I first reached out about this issue most of the problems have been resolved. As suggested, I stopped activating the sleep mode on the app and just went to bed. The device registers the change in pulse and movement and knows sleep has begun.  I have occasional issues with it not picking up my pulse at night but it’s because I don’t wear the band tight enough.  This is one downside,  is how tight the band needs to be to pick up the pulse accurately at night.  It’s a bit uncomfortable.  Otherwise, the sleep score has been registering now that I stay away from using the app to identify I am going to bed. 

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing.  Did you ever figure it out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not yet no.

I did have a messaging session a couple of days ago where he/she got me to factory reset the fitbit then change the sleep tracking sensitivity to normal plus update the app on my phone because a new one came out with in the last week.

I'll try and contact support again today if work doesn't get in the way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting sleep scores now, but it seems to sometimes break up the sleep period to under 3 hours, so I seldom get the detailed sleep stats.  I canceled my premium membership because of this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this get resolved 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just got a replacement Charge from the shop I bought it from as I was losing connectivity to the app every night so wasn't getting any sleep data.  It stayed connected overnight but still no sleep score.  I did notice that the firmware on my new Charge is not the latest and I'm not getting prompted to update.  I'm wondering if Fitbit have removed that version of firmware to be replaced by something that fixes our issues??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

So you shouldn't click on Begin Sleep on the fitbit app if we want a sleep score?  THanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ap does not show sleep stages or a sleep score. I’ve had the charge four for 5 days. No space even in the ap for sleep score. Shows basics like my flex did. I’m considering a return. I also have to have my Bluetooth forget and redo the pair every morning for my Fitbit to sync. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes