Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 pebble broke where the band connects

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had 5 charge 3 and charge 4 pebbles over the years.  3 of them have been the charge 4.  I have had continual issues with the charge 4 band lock connector breaking.  The Lock is attached to the pebble via 2 screws going into 2 plastic nubs, which seem to break if you breath on them wrong.  I just ordered yet another pebble, which I think will be my last Fitbit product.  If this one breaks, I'm done.  It is incredibly disappointing the have a product designed for physical activity end up being so flimsy and poorly designed.  Please tell me there will be a redesign that uses something more substantive, what appears to be, plastic to hold these things together.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hello @blankebn77. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback and for letting us know that you ordered another Charge 4 pebble. Please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment.

At this time, I'd like to let you know that if you still require further assistance, I'd recommend contacting our Support Team and they will be able to look at the situation and evaluate your options regarding your Charge 4. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected.

On a side note, we don't have information available about changing the Charge 4 design, but take into consideration that our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback is a big part of that process.

See you around.  

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

Absolutely same here. Well said. 

Best Answer

Hello @Samissami. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused. I've noticed that you reached out to our Support Team and they are currently working on your case. If you still have additional questions or inquiries, I recommend updating your case and they should get back to you with more information. 

See you around.  

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted "support" (actually non-support) twice about this issue. The only response given was the next team will look at my issue and get back to me. It's been a week with no response. I contacted "support" again and was given the same pass off. When I asked how long it would take for the next team to contact me I was told they didn't know. I had four stents put in my heart about a year and a half ago. I have made a lot of changes in my lifestyle to ensure that isn't necessary again. With my fitbit popping off my wrist every few minutes I have realized I need the feedback it provides to keep me on track. Making major changes in lifestyle isn't easy. The response I'm getting from fitbit is to simply wait until the "next team" gets around to contacting me. My guess is it will offer to sell me the parts to fix my year old Charge 4, and it will only take 2-4 weeks to get them. All I'm getting from fitbit is frustration.

Best Answer

Hi, I think that I am correct in saying that there are no replacement parts for Fitbits. The warranty period in the US is one year with a 30 day grace period. If you are within your warranty they will either offer you a replacement pebble or a 50% coupon off another Fitbit.  If you are not within the warranty they will offer you a 35% coupon.  May I suggest that while you are waiting for them to reply, you consider ordering one of these bands from Amazon.

They  are made to encompass the pebbles that have broken strap attachments, they are reasonable priced $7.99-$15.99 and solve the problem, with Prime it should be there in 2 days and you can get back to monitoring your health and breath easier. I’ve been in a similar situation and learned that stressing over a situation that you have no control over wrecks havoc on your health. I wish you the best! 

Subcase for Fitbit Charge 4

NINKI Sport Band Compatible Silicone Fitbit Charge 5/4/3 SE Band, All in one case

Saufly Smartwatch Cases with Band Compatible with Fitbit Charge 3 /Charge 4 /Charge 5 Fitness Tracker, Soft Silicone Straps Replacement Wristbands

GOSETH Compatible with Fitbit Charge 4/Fitbit Charge 3 Bands with case

Best Answer

I think this was my third Charge 4 with same problem breaking piece at the end that connects to the band. It was replaced 12/2021 and in early June (6 months) it broke off again! I contacted customer support only to be informed the warranty is gone and they can offer me 35% off a new one.

im so disappointed - will be researching on other trackers….

Best Answer

I agree with you, I am not investing in any more Fitbits. For now my Charge 4 is holding up well with the band from Amazon that encompasses the pebble.  When it stops working I will go back to other Fitbits that I have.  After reading through some forums I don’t think that any of the newer FitbIts are even worth considering.  It’s too bad because at one time it was a respectable brand.

Best of luck to you in your quest.

Best Answer

same happened to me and many, many others. This topic comes up here again and again and again. Fitbit has to be very aware of the problem and continues to offer no solutions.

Best Answer

Thanks! I got a holder that clips on the waistband or pocket and seems to work but when it dies- I'm done

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. It's a shame. For now I have it in a waistband/pocket clip until it does and I have found another brand

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used a similar enclosure band for my Charge 3; great in a lot of ways (I do a lot of manual work outdoors on weekends) and it did an excellent job of protecting my Fitbit.  However, don't stress the band too much or the Fitbit will pop out and disappear.  I've gone back to the band to hold my Fitbit together while waiting for a replacement for the band connector thingy breaking as discussed in this thread.  Never had that happen to a Fitbit; my C 4 is a year and a half old.  On a whim, because I've come close to trashing these things before, I bought the extended warranty that covers for 2 years.  For a $15 deductible, my next Fitbit is on its way.  I've been using these since 2014, and they have been very reliable.  We'll see if this issue comes up again.

Best Answer

I've had my Charge 4 for one year and connector on the watch just snapped off. The part that is attached to the watch, not the interchangeable band. Very frustrated as the watch itself works fine. But useless without a band connector. I'm going to try and glue it back together with an epoxy meant for use on plastic, but I'm doubtful it will work as a solution. One year is not long enough for a smartwatch's parts to function well.

Best Answer

I totally agree with you. If the epoxy doesn’t work, Amazon sells third party bands that encompass the broken pebble so you can still use the device.

Search on Amazon for Supcase for Charge 4, it is the most popular, cost is $17. There are also cheaper brands Saufly is one. cost is $8.00. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I moved on to charge 5 which does not appear to have plastic ends to secure the band. Will see how that goes. Appreciate info on warranty.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The exact same happened to me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same exact thing has happened to my Charge 4.  The pebble was replaced in April when it was still under warranty.  But now 4 months later it broke in the same spot on the new pebble and it is no longer under warranty.  Very disappointing.  I had my Charge 2 for many years and it never did that.  This is obviously a common problem and makes the watch unusable even though the watch itself still works.  I think Fitbit should replace the flawed Charge 4's that have broken even though the warranty has run out.  This is ridiculous!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As much as I agree with you, we both know that it will never happen.  You can still use your Charge 4 if you purchase a band that encompasses the pebble. There is a link for one in my previous post above. They aren’t fashionable but it solves the problem!

Good Luck

Best Answer
I agree, I moved on to Charge 5. There is a clip on device that fits the
Charge 4 and you can continue to use it... I did for a little while until I
moved on

[image: width=]
<>
Virus-free.www.avast.com
<>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes