Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 says battery not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

The last two times I’ve been out for a run (with the Fitbit using my phone gps) after about 10 minutes I’ve got a message on the Charge 4 saying ‘battery not charging, check charger’. There’s no issue with the battery or the charger as far as I can tell as I had only just taken it off charge and it was at 100% prior to my run.  Shortly after this message I then get another saying gps not available, so I’m not able to track my route.  Everything else seems to be functioning normally.  

any ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

Hi, @Tpdale , allowing you have followed the advice in the earlier posts in this thread I suggest you talk to "Customer Support" here. Use the Chat facility or phone for a prompt response.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

My battery is fully charged.  However,  the fitbit states battery not charging.  What's going on?

Best Answer

I am having this issue again today.  Very frustrating when it's vibrating every few minutes and I won't be home for several hours to reset on the charger.

Best Answer

I am also having this issue, after upgrading from a Charge 3 to a Charge 4. The first time I saw the 'check charger, battery not charging' message on my Charge 4 while I was wearing it, I thought perhaps the battery needed charging, but when I checked, it was about 60% charged. It's happened several times since then, and I thought it was a fault. I've been meaning to check this forum to see if anyone else had experienced it, and obviously they have.

I agree with platman too - the vibrating 'active call' while on the phone is annoying, because I keep thinking another call is coming through. Fine to vibrate when the initial call comes in, but can it then 'buzz' off!

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's good to see you around. @Gr4ndp4 Thanks for your great help!

Thanks for keeping me posted about your trackers and for any step tried on your own. I understand how frustrating this can be and rest assured your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed as I'm keeping our team informed of the impact to all our members. I appreciate your patience and while there isn't a time frame when a fix will be available, I'll update this thread once I have more details to share.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

Hi,

I really hope you find a solution to this "Battery not charging" error message as it is happening at least once a week and only connecting it to the charger for a second will un-freeze my Charge 4. This only started happening after the last update.

Bob

Best Answer
0 Votes

While wearing my Charge 4, I receive a message on its screen stating that the battery is not charging. 
It currently has 93% battery, so it does not need to charge. What should I do?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue - my battery level is at 75% and I keep getting "Check Charger Battery is not charging". The Charge 4 is on my wrist and not being charged. This has happened 6-7 times in the last three days. The FitBit has been on my wrist when this has happened. Any solutions?

Best Answer
I found that if you squeeze the sides of the Charge 4, it will vibrate as
it changes back to the correct screen.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks K_bar.

I can clear the alert get it back to home screen by pushing the left side button.

My issue is that the "Check Charger Battery is not charging" alert keeps appearing no matter what battery level I have.

Annoying.

Best Answer

I have the same problem and it happens in the sun. It's annoying. I should be able to wear my fitness device outdoors (where I am frequently being active) without error messages. I never had the issue with my charge 2 but it happens all of the time with my charge 4. Fitbit sent me a new device but it has the same issue. I, too, am wondering what the solution is. 

Best Answer

A theory could be that when it gets warm and skin gets warm we sweat, and sweat is conductive and touches both of the charge pads, making a very weak connection, it provides no power, but is enough to trip the battery charge circuit into thinking we are trying to do charging but the charger is failing. Either way that is not desired behavior.

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem. Since the last firmware update, my GPS does not work during runs, which it did before, and I frequently get the “not charging” message. Quite annoying, and given that these comments are more than a month old, I wonder why Fitbit hasn’t issued a fix yet!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 4. Thank you for the information provided.

Our team is aware of this issue and is working on a fix. Once any update be available it will be communicated in this thread. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation and sorry for any inconvenience it could have caused to you.

@Tinaghy @steelrat69 @SunsetRunner @CeceCarroll @SunsetRunner @ErikH, I merged your posts to this main thread to keep the Community organized.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

My fitbit 4 keeps displaying not charging check charger buy I haven't got it connected to charger 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

While wearing my fit bit - an error message has appeared as above, when I press the side button - nothing happens. What is the issue ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long will this take?  It’s been two months.

Best Answer

Well isn't this special. I got the Check Charger. Battery is not Charging message today myself on my Charge 4. The display is stuck and I get the shaking notification from time to time. I believe in my case it was due to applying suntan lotion for the first time since I've owned the Charge 4 (purchase in February).

If it is due to suntan lotion, I NEVER  had this issue with the prior two Charge 2s that I owned. The fact that this is a known issue per this thread and languishing for several months is not encouraging.

Best Answer

Bought a new Fitbit Charge 4 and has the same issue, very annoying….

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue. The message appears randomly when I am wearing it. The battery isn't low when I get the message and it is becoming more constant. I have attached a photo of the message while wearing it.

20210617_101202.jpg

Best Answer