Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 says battery not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

The last two times I’ve been out for a run (with the Fitbit using my phone gps) after about 10 minutes I’ve got a message on the Charge 4 saying ‘battery not charging, check charger’. There’s no issue with the battery or the charger as far as I can tell as I had only just taken it off charge and it was at 100% prior to my run.  Shortly after this message I then get another saying gps not available, so I’m not able to track my route.  Everything else seems to be functioning normally.  

any ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

Same problem since the last update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started to do this exact same thing about a week or so ago. I thought it was a fluke and put it on the charger to find out it was at 47%. I was sitting at home doing nothing. Went to check the time and that's when the message happened. Since then it's now done it 3x this week. Another time just now. It's sitting on the charger as we speak.

At this point I already told my husband it's time to get me something else.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Device renders useless. Chat guy Carlos is sending a new charger but I doubt that is the issue. Any resolution here? 

Best Answer
Nope, all has been silent and I've received no resolution.
Best Answer

I have 2 different chargers and both work fine.  Still having issues no matter which charger I Use. It's not a charging issue. I honestly believe this is a software issue that no one is working on. This thread is a few months old now and there must not be enough of us to warrant them putting any resolution to this.  We are the expendable few I guess.

Best Answer

Its not a charging error they are aware of it.  It also isnt a small issue as many people have the same complaint.  I find it's when mine is in the sun as my husbands as well but not always.  It's just frustrating becuase they are aware and they are doing absolutely  nothing.  What software update takes this long?  

Best Answer

Hi Susan,

They are doing absolutely nothing to correct this problem that occurred only after the last update a few months back. They know about this issue but are doing absolutely nothing to keep us up to date and their efforts to correct this annoying problem  This is the first Fitbit I have owned to ever give me any problems and they should be correcting it soon.

Best Answer

This has to be a software/firmware issue as it never happened on my charge 4 until having updated it.  Every post here regarding this issue is consistently saying the same thing.  I still own a charge 2, and in my opinion it is far more dependable (e.g., never had a firmware/software issue).  I would highly recommend Fitbit scrap the latest firmware install and revert to the previous edition.

Best Answer

I am also having the problem and have been for several weeks. Traditionally it happens in the sun, but tonight it happened while I was sleeping. What are the steps Fitbit is taking to fix the issue since several of us are having issues as the processes yiu have given are not helping? The device is useless when this occurs.

Best Answer

I have been receiving messages while my Charge 4 is on my wrist stating that, "Check charger, battery not charging."  This happens on very hot days, i.e. 90+ degrees, and the charge level is below 70%.

Has anyone had this issue and is there a fix?

Best Answer

Mine actually started when it got cold. We went camping and it was 8 degrees overnight, got up to the error message. It went away after I wore the Charge a bit. Now I get the error just randomly, hit or cold. Last time the battery was at 96%

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues here. Not sure what precipitates the message, as it seems heat, sun and sweat are all a part of when I receive message. I haven't had it long, so I don't know if it's the last update or not. I will try reset, but will welcome to any other suggestions as well. Thanks!

Best Answer

I’ve had this a couple of weeks and I’m noticing that I’m getting a “Fitbit is not charging” message when wearing it outside in the Sun. Is this common or is my watch defective?

Best Answer

Me too! Just started randomly happening in the last month. Like some have said it seems to happen when outside in the sun. As someone also suggested perhaps a light sweat interferes with the Charge's contacts. From my experience with Fitbit Support it could be months before this gets fixed. 😞

Sometime back I remember when the Charge heart rate kept failing to graph. Fitbit's fallback is always it is an user error. Amid denying there is a bug some obtuse process is offered that doesn't work. Eventually they admit it is a real problem. Then we wait for six to nine months for a fix. Unsatisfactory.

Best Answer

Had my Fitbit for 3 weeks now. Same issues as others. While wearing my Fitbit (driving in a car) it tells me not charging, check charger. 

I cannot even get it to charge now. Have rebooted it and done all the reset steps. 

What should I do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This may sound odd, but I have found that when the Fitbit charge 3 or 4 is “warm” (hot temps or if in direct sunlight such as driving, perhaps), this happens frequently. Try it on the right wrist, presuming you are driving a vehicle in the US!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Moosejive,

Well, hate to say it but I am in Canada and wear it on my right wrist and it is still happening occasionally.

I wish FitBit were monitoring this discussion. It is about time for an update with a fix for this annoying problem.

Bob

Best Answer
0 Votes
We live in Anchorage and this effect hasn’t occurred here in the last six months since I got it as a gift.  We visited the Denver, Colorado area over the past two weeks and it routinely occurred, but not since returning to Alaska.  Strange.

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS
Best Answer

Add my husband and myself to the list of Charge4 users who have this problem. Happened for the first time a few days ago (July 2021) though not before. Happens regardless of temperature. Today I wore it outside at 90 degrees with no problem. Later the same day, inside in the evening, where it’s much cooler, the message showed up. 

I agree w folks who say that connecting the Fitbit to the charger for just a moment resolves the immediate issue. Sometimes just taking it off my wrist and putting it back on does the same thing. But nothing keeps the problem from recurring. That will require a fix by Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I live in Denver and this message appears to be high temperature related. It frequently occurs when I'm in a dry sauna and also when outside in the hot sun or driving with no AC. The issue has not occurred in spin class when a high level of sweat is present.

A quick fix is to tap the button on the left of the device and this clears the notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes