Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 screen is black and it won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was using my Charge 4 this morning and it worked fine. Around 4pm I went to look at the time and it wasn't working. The display was black. Tried pushing the button to turn on the display but it didn't do anything.

Tried look at the Fitbit app on my phone. It said the device required an update. Tried to install the update but it couldn't sync with my Charge 4. 

Researched the problem and found a few message here about changing the clock face. Since it won't display the watch face and it won't sync with my phone, this is not possible. The second suggestion was to hard reset the watch. So I put it in my charger and held the button for 8 seconds.

After 6 seconds, the watch vibrated for a long time, paused for 1 second then vibrated for a short time. This appears to be the only thing I can get the watch to do. I tried plugging the cable into my laptop USB port but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've read articles that say things like, just leave it alone for a while and it will just start working again. This shows a clear lack of understanding of the device. I have yet to see anyone explain WHY it is failing and WHAT would change the situation. It all seems to be try random things and hope one of them works. 

Either no one actually understands how the device works or the people helping here don't have access to the people who know how the device works. The fact that I have read dozens of articles going back years and no one actually gives a good answer or an explanation makes me question whether or not I should every buy another Fitbit device. 

Please restore my faith in this company.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 REPLIES 0