Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 screen is dim

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The light on my charge 4 is so dim I can hardly read the face.  The battery is fully charged.

What can I do to correct this issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

Hi @Nic2873. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for sharing that your Charge 4 screen is having the same issues and for trying the suggestions from this thread. Because the screen is too dim and doesn't show your data when going outside persists, I've contacted our Support team and shared your details so they can create a case on your behalf. Please note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is so dim I can't see it anymore in a completely dark room. The pixels across the top have been dying completely for a while. Planned obsolescence? 

Best Answer

Hi @ebertoli. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 4. I understand how you're feeling about the screen not working correctly and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Because your post didn't mention, may I know if you've tried restarting your tracker and changing the clock face? If you haven't, please give it a try and let me know the outcome so I can continue helping you with this matter.

I look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

My wifes charge 4 is facing the same problem. Tryed reset and checked Setting. Stil to dim to read outdoor and indoors. Only possible to read in dark conditions.

Best Answer

Hi, @tino61 , welcome, have you tried the "Best Answer"? There are three settings that affect the brightness of your Charge 4 Touch the side button for a couple of seconds and you are presented with "do not disturb" and "sleep", you can also swipe up for "screen wake". DND disables notifications, "Sleep" disables notifications, dims the screen and disables the wrist flick action to illuminate the screen and defaults the dimmed illumination to the side button. This last feature is designed to avoid disturbing restless sleepers who might inadvertently illuminate the screen at night. From the clock screen swipe left to "settings" where you are presented with "Brightness", you can toggle between Auto, normal & dim, choose auto or normal. Finally swipe up to "sleep mode" where you can schedule sleep settings, you need to ensure you are not in a sleep period or that it is off.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
Thank you. Unfortunately these suggestions did nothing to enable me to see
the screen better.--

Sent from Barbara Miller’s IPad

Whatever new extremities of discovery or understanding we reach, we always
seem to find the footsteps of Bach there already. When we see images of the
strange mathematical beasts lurking at the heart of the natural
world—fractal landscapes, the infinitely unfolding paisley whorls of the
Mandelbrot Set, the Fibonacci series, which describes the pattern of leaves
growing on the stem of a plant, the Strange Attractors that beat at the
heart of chaos— it is always the dizzying, complex spirals of Bach that
come to mind.

Douglas Adams
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @tino61 and @bluemusicnut, welcome on board. @Gr4ndp4, it's good to see you around and thanks for your great suggestions.

@tino61, thanks for letting me know about your wife's Charge 4 and for every step tried prior to posting. I understand how difficult for her it's to see the screen and to exhaust our troubleshooting steps, please follow the suggestions posted by @Gr4ndp4. Give them a try and keep me posted with the outcome.

@bluemusicnut, thanks for trying the suggestions posted in this thread. I'm sorry they didn't work on your Charge 4 and I've requested a case on your behalf so our Support team can provide you with further assistance. Please note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have trouble reading my charge 4 screen with any sunlight, even on cloudy days it is hard to see. I have the brightness setting on max, or on normal which is the highest it can go. With a cupped hand and lots of focus I can read it but only if I stop running, the lettering is too dark of a gray and the screen too dim. Is there any way to fix this?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @Gotch.

Thanks for checking the brightness settings prior to posting. Before anything else, may I know if the Sleep Mode is off? When this setting is turned on, the screen's brightness is set to dim. To check this, press and hold the button, swipe left to access the quick settings screen and tap on the moon icon to turn it off. If the icon appears dim with a line through it, that means it's off.

If the screen is still dim after checking this setting, please try performing a restart with the charging cable and keep me posted with the outcome.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't believe there is. I gave up on fitbits and now have a galaxy active2 watch. Very happy.
Best Answer

Thank you for your advice but it didn’t work. Is there an app, extension, or update of some kind I can install to make it brighter?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @IanSevenoaks and @Gotch. I'm glad to see you here.

@IanSevenoaks I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you've had with the Charge 4. Our team constantly works to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, and the feedback we received from the Community is always appreciated as it help us to evaluate our procedures and make sure we're delivering what our users want and need. Your feedback won't be the exception and please know that you're always welcome back to the Fitbit family.

@Gotch Thanks for trying the suggestions posted above. Currently we don't have another way to increase your Charge 4 screen brightness and because our troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, I'd recommend to get in touch with our Support team so they can provide you with further assistance. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no option under Settings for brightness...just time zone and location...my screen is so dim indoors I can't read it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @kymber13, allowing you have investigated the "sleep" & "DND" settings suggested in my earlier post, I suggest contacting "Customer Support" here. I recommend you use the Chat facility or the phone for a prompt response.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

Not working for me

Best Answer

Hi @kymber13 and @Tinagillis. Welcome to the forums. @Gr4ndp4 Thanks for your great help!

@kymber13 Please note the screen settings can be adjusted on your Charge 4 itself. To do this, just swipe left on your tracker's screen, tap Brightness and adjust it to either Auto or Normal. If this doesn't help, please follow the suggestions shared by @Gr4ndp4 to get connected with our Support team.

@Tinagillis I'm sorry your Charge 4 screen is still dim and thanks for your efforts while working on this situation. Because your post didn't mention, may I know if you've tried adjust the brightness, turning off the Sleep Mode and restarting your tracker? If that's correct, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options and bring you back on track. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone, and make sure to share the steps that you've tried so far.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got it to work, thank you

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@Tinagillis It's nice to see you around the forums.

You're very welcome! I'm glad you sorted this out and I hope you can keep crashing your steps. By the way, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends, share your story and find encouragement from other members to live a healthy lifestyle.

Have a good one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that. Nothing seems to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally dead now for a few months. The screen dimming was only a death knell. I have gotten over my addiction of buying high dollar disposable fitness watches. Unless they make Fitbits that have the option to change out the battery, I'm done with Fitbits for sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes