Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 screen is dim

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The light on my charge 4 is so dim I can hardly read the face.  The battery is fully charged.

What can I do to correct this issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

Hi there, @ebertoli. Welcome to the Community, @Bdub1168.

@Bdub1168 I'm sorry you're having this experience, and thanks for your efforts while troubleshooting your Charge 4. I was checking your details and noticed you already have a case created with our Support team. Because you're receiving assistance, please keep the communication with them as I'm sure they'll work on this matter to bring you back on track.

@ebertoli Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your Charge 4. I understand where you're coming from as this isn't the experience that we want you to have. Every feedback shared in the forums never goes unnoticed as it helps us to improve our products and services, and be sure your comments won't be the exception. Let me suggest getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options and work on this matter. Please here to get connected with them via chat or phone, and make sure to let them know what steps you've tried.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A question related - how exactly does the auto option work ? I’ve noticed that quite often despite setting to auto the brightness is set to dim and I experience that mostly when I am outside so I need to change that manually.

Could sleep mode affect brightness setting it to dim ? But having a schedule should got that reverted when sleep mode is off, shouldn’t it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @kkris87. It's good to see you around.

Thanks for joining this thread. In regards to your question, the Auto setting will allow your tracker to adjust the brightness depending of your environment. While the screen's brightness is set to dim if the Sleep Mode is turned on, the brightness should return to the previous selection once the sleep mode is turned off either manually or automatically by your schedule. If you want to learn more about your Charge 4 settings, please see this help article.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The question is if you can’t see it how can you change it? Please help

Best Answer

Hi @LoriBethSteel. Welcome back to the forums.

Thanks for taking the time to review the suggestions shared in this thread. I'm sorry you're not able to see these options on you Charge 4 and just to confirm, do you feel a vibration when pressing the button? If that's correct, I'd recommend restarting your tracker with the charging cable to refresh its performance. Once that is done, please monitor its behavior and let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all the trouble shooting u suggested plus what I got by calling customer service, I ended up sending it back and getting a replacement, which is brighter but still not as bright as I would like, I’ll deal with it and may end up getting a new watch in a year or so, whether it’s a Fitbit or not, i don’t know.

And all the steps you suggested in threads after this one but I couldn’t find those, mostly because I found this one and stopped looking.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi there, @Gotch. Welcome back to the forums.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Charge 4. This isn't the experience that we want you to have, and I'm sorry you've gone through this inconvenience. Because you mentioned that your replacement is experiencing the same behavior, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can check your details and see if anything else can be done to bring you back on track. Click here to get connected with them and make sure to share all the steps that you already tried.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! Thanks!

Best Answer

Welcome, @jarpcb. It's good to see a new face around.

You're welcome! I'm glad the suggestions shared in this thread worked for you and I hope you can keep enjoying the experience with your Charge 4. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your story, meet more people and start your own topics.

Have a good one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am on my 3rd year with a, and 2nd, fitbit device. I have the Charge 4 and heartily confirm the brightness level sucks. In any amount of decent sunlight, i.e. not even direct sunlight, you cannot read the face. I can't even tell if I have pushed start or finish or what screen is even up!!! It is ridiculous and yes, I have brightness set to max. I also would challenge the battery life, but I presume that mine depletes in less than 3 days as I have the brightness level set high. The only really good things I can say are (1) the Charge 3 sucked and was even worse than the 4, and (2) I had a suite of UA devices including scale, heart rate chest band, fitness wrist band to get started, I liked some of their apps better but the scale sucked.

Lizzy, I followed all your steps, the moon was slashed and dim, just for S&G I toggled it on and off again. Then I went and confirmed it was not set to auto but to normal or brightest. That was already done correctly. Then I put the watch into the charger and held the side button in until the restart began. When it ended the device was the same as before so nothing was changed and based on the steps I had the settings correct to begin with. My Charge 4 was a Christmas present so it is not even 10 full months old.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @drow. Welcome on board.

Thanks for taking the time to letting me know about the Charge 4, as well as trying the steps suggested in this thread. I'm sorry for the inconvenience experienced with your tracker and your previous Fitbit products. Please know this feedback won't go unnoticed as it'll help us to improve our products and the experience with them. Because the screen is still not working correctly, I'd recommend contacting our Support team so they can see what else can be done to bring you on track. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone, and let them know what steps you've tried so far.

See you around.

Best Answer

Is there a way to update this setting in the app?  Good to know I can change it on the Charge 4 but if the screen is too dim to read, I have no clue where settings is or how to change to bright.

Best Answer

Hi @cspears. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing your thoughts about this matter. I understand your concern and while the brightness and quick settings can only be adjusted on your Charge 4, you can always get in touch with our Support team if it's not possible to see the screen so they can provide you with assistance. You can also share it in the forums to receive help from other members.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been able to see my Fitbit 3 for several weeks because it is so dim.  Not a brightness setting, or restart issue.  Just a "piece of junk" issue.  It is 21 months old.  I am going to try a Fitbit Charge 4, to see if I have any better luck.  Does anybody know what the average protected life is on these screens?

Thank You.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is a 2 year old Charge4 and gets dim pretty often now. When it does make clear in your mind how to bring “Settings” (also has 5 little bubbles under word), into view. I know it’s hard to see, but I go in my walk through n closet where it’s dark! Keep swiping until you can see SETTINGS & bubbles... tap dim and then tap Bright. That’s it. Push button on side to keep setting. Good luck!

Sent from CJ's iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @td02428. Welcome on board. @Angelizz10 Thanks for sharing your insights.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the Charge 4, and I'm sorry for the experience that you've had. Our team constantly works on our Fitbit devices and features to improve them, and the input we receive from the forums is a big part of the process. Your comments are truly appreciated and rest assured they won't be taken for granted.

If by any chance you need further assistance, you can always get connected with our Support team via chat or phone by clicking here.

See you around.

Best Answer

It's hard to do that when your screen is so dim you can't read it.

Best Answer
I understand. It’s difficult, but it’s a last ditch effort before buying a new Fitbit. In reality, it’s lasted as long as it’s built for. Company never build to last forever. My solution is 1st buy at someplace that offers extra insurance. (BestBuy),keep track of when it runs out of coverage.* I keep box & receipts 🧾 * and then turn it in for new, upgraded model. I have only paid for One (1)Fitbit in 7 years, that is.... the Original one seven years ago. I’m only out the price of insurance. Perfectly legal and smart.
Best Answer

@Sharon014 Welcome to the forums. @Angelizz10 It's good to see you here and thanks for your suggestions.

@Sharon014 I understand how you're feeling and thanks for your efforts while working on this matter. If the issue persists after exhausting the troubleshooting steps shared in this thread, I'd suggest contacting our Support team so they can evaluate your tracker's behavior and see what can be done to bring you back on track. They are available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The key is to do this in a dark room so you can actually see the dimmed settings!

Best Answer