Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 screen is dim

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The light on my charge 4 is so dim I can hardly read the face.  The battery is fully charged.

What can I do to correct this issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

Hi there, @kbbeal.

Thanks for stopping by to help our members. That's a great suggestion and I'm sure other members experiencing similar issues will also find it helpful. In case you have some spare time, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your story, make new friends and find great tips to achieve your goals.

Have a good one! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thankyoy, I was having the same problem & this solution worked for me

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue

Best Answer
Im afraid in the end I just gave up. I dont think any suggested solutions really work. Basically the watch is useless if you cant see the screen whenever you need to. I did a bit of research on the charge 5 and believe it or not I went ahead and bought it despite my experience with the charge 4. Im happy to say that the screen is very good and I no longer have day light issues can read the screen no problem no matter where I am.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Welcome to the forums, @aposkitt2@Jenbt and @Brenno123 It's good to see you here.

@aposkitt2 Thanks for trying the suggestions in this thread. I'm glad you sorted this out and I hope you can keeping enjoying the experience with your Charge 4.

@Jenbt I'm sorry the same is happening with your tracker. Because your post didn't mention, have you tried adjusting the brightness settings? If not, please give it a try by following the steps described in this help article. Additionally, make sure to have the Sleep Mode turned off as when this setting is on, the screen's brightness is set to dim.

@Brenno123 Thanks for keeping me posted. While I'm glad your Charge 5 is working well, I understand your point of view and I'm sorry for the experience that you've had with the Charge 4. Every feedback shared in the forums never goes unnoticed as it helps us to evaluate and improve our devices, so rest assured yours won't be the exception.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen is so dim I cannot read what it says 

Best Answer

@Kayreen Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for joining this thread and I'm sorry to hear about your Charge 4. I understand you're unable to adjust the brightness and Sleep Mode settings, but may I know if you've tried restarting your tracker? This process will refresh its performance, so please give it a try in case you haven't done so.

On the other hand, if the issue persists after trying those steps, I'd recommend contacting our Support team so they can evaluate your options and help you with this matter. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my exact problem. Did you find a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you find a solution to the display problem? 

My Charge 4 is having the same problem 

Best Answer
No I didn't.
Best Answer

My Fitbit4 was frequently going so dim. I couldn’t read it.  SOLUTION:  1st go to a dark place with dim light BUT know how to swipe left before you go!  Then….once in closet (thats where I go to sit), Swipe left on face of Fitbit until you see “settings”.  TAP (dont swipe now), on “settings” until you see Brightness.  Then it will let you chose on next taps whether you want Normal, Dim, Bright.  I always want bright (You will see it get bright, dim, etc by the color).  Double click on the button on side of Fitbit which will SET it there.  Practice makes perfect.  You might not get it the first time.  I messed up several times by not setting it by double clicking side button on Fitbit.  When my battery gets low, it will sometimes go back to dim.  I just charge it and set again.  My Fitbit Charge 4 is about 4 years old and I wear it constantly.  Good luck!

Best Answer

Go into a dark place, I go into my walk in closet, and swipe Left to settings.  Then TAP to desired settings.  Be sure and double click side button when your through to SET.  Otherit will revert to dim.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
My settings say normal, auto, dim. I have tried both auto and normal and it
doesn't make a difference.
Best Answer
Afraid not, nothing worked, all suggestions were useless. Gave up in the end. Bought a Charge 5 and it works great as regards visibility.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi everyone. @Angelizz10 Thanks for stopping by to help our members.

@LASD and @Sharon014 Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your trackers. I understand where you're coming from and if you have tried every step suggested in this thread my best advice is to contact our Support team. That way they can evaluate your tracker's behavior and see what can be done to bring you back on track. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

@Brenno123 Thanks for your efforts while working on this matter. While I'm happy you got the Charge 5, I'm sorry for the inconvenience experienced with your previous tracker. Our team constantly works to improve our devices and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. Thanks for your feedback and if you want to learn more about your new tracker, let me recommend reviewing the User Manual.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My brightness settings are only "normal" "auto" or "dim".  I can barely read the tracker inside, let alone outside.  People have indicated there is a brightness setting for "high", why don't I have that?  I have made sure the firmware is up to date, I have restarted tracker several times.  Am I missing something?

Best Answer

Normal is the full brightness and at least IMLE it gets worse over time, after about 12 months I was struggling in anything other than a dark room to see it. In the last couple of weeks it go so bad I could not see, the dealer were unhelpful, support offered me a discount on a new one but ordered from the US so I'd have needed to pay shipping import etc and was more expensive than locally. I've literally given up this week and chucked it away, lousy app, lousy hardware. Buying a replacement different brand locally at 1/4 the price, even if it lasts the same time it is still way better value.

Best Answer

Hi there, @rickinormond and @VnaOynxryrl.

@rickinormond Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Charge 4. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and just to confirm, have you also tried changing the clock face? If you have but the issue persists, I'd recommend contacting our Support team so they can provide you with further assistance. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

@VnaOynxryrl Thanks for letting me know about your tracker, as well as getting in touch with our Support team. This isn't the type of experience that we want you to have, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Our team constantly works to improve our devices, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently this is a good answer but what do you do when it is so dim you can't read the face and settings?

Best Answer

Hi there, @JBLB.

Thanks for letting us know about your Charge 4, as well as your efforts while working on this matter. I understand the screen is too dim to read, but have you made sure the Sleep Mode isn't turned on. I'm asking this as this setting will set the screen's brightness to dim when it's on. If you've tried doing that, please restart your tracker to refresh its performance and let me know if it works afterward.

About your other inquiry, please take in mind that since this is a public forum, one of the users experiencing this situation could have marked that post as the Best Answer. I appreciate your feedback and keep me posted on the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes