Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 screen is fading

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my fitbit charge 4 is partly faded. It is fully charged and started fading. Can anyone help?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hi there, @Serenehere. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Charge 4.

Please restart your Charge 4 as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face. 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Serenehere Are you saying that "part" of the display is dimmer than other parts of the display, or is it the entire display?

If it's the entire display, check the brightness settings, and the sleep/DND settings. I have had those mysteriously change on me.

If it's part of the display, it is most likely failing.

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted but no change in the screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah.. only sides are fading. Looks like failing. I just used it for a year.  Feels realy bad, I was happy with it..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit customer care said I am not getting a replacement 😒 

Best Answer

Try going on the Fitbit to settings then change the brightness from auto to normal or dim

hopefully that works

Best Answer

That is unfortunate. My charge 4 has been good, but I have heard that build quality varies greatly. If nothing else works, and you don't want to buy a new tracker, you could try replacing the screen yourself. There are youtube showing how to do this, and they don't look too difficult. Just search for "youtube replace fitbit charge 4 display".

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer

Mine has done the same. I’m thinking of switching to an Apple Watch - it seems that Fitbit are always aware of these issues but never actually do anything to help or replace their faulty products 😡

Best Answer

I have loyally stuck with Fitbit for years, but enough!  I am switching to Garmin forerunner 245 which has a similar price point to the new charge 5, but Garmin doesn’t seem to have the same “die after a year” approach to produce quality

Best Answer

I am having the same problem & neither can I get it repaired or replaced. Did they offer you any solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, they declared that a dim screen was not a fault.  Either live with it or replace at your own cost.  Got to love Fitbit quality and support!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, that's just ridiculous. I have a 5-year-old Goqii band which I used on & off before Fitbit & that still works like a charm even after not using it for months & this 1.2-year-old Fitbit is designed to just self-destruct with time

Best Answer

Hi Marina

i have tried both the actions you suggested, but no joy. I now have a completely blank screen on my FitBit. What else can I do?

Best Answer

Hi @MarreFitbit 

i have tried both the actions you suggested, but no joy. I now have a completely blank screen on my FitBit. What else can I do?

Best Answer