Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 screen is too dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey, I just got a Charge 4 but I can barely see the screen I tried turning brightness to normal and I also tried rebooting it but still it is really hard to see. Additionally I'm trying this indoor but nothing changes only when there is no light source I can read the screen. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there, @KESKIN. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 4 before reaching out. 

In addition to the steps you've tried, I'd suggest checking if your Charge 4 is in sleep mode. When the sleep mode setting is on:

• Notifications don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker’s screen to turn on.

For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

If the above doesn't describe your issue, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem.  I cannot read the screen epecially when outside which kindof defeats the purpose of a tracker.  I can't read the time or, when doing interval training, which interval I'm on or how much longer I have to go.  My sleep mode is off.  I've tried changing the clock face.  I have to head to a shaded area and stop what I'm doing to read the data.  This has been like this from when I bought the fitbit, but I thought I was maybe doing something wrong.  Don't think so, it's the way it is!

Best Answer

Useless.  When I turned sleep mode off the screen went automatically to dim.  Had to go back and change it to normal.  There is no difference between auto and normal, dim is ridiculously dim and there is no bright mode so no way I can use this watch in broad daylight. Often when I have it on normal, it will set itself to dim and I have to fiddle with it again to set it back to normal. I work outside and have to rely on my watch for the time.

Best Answer

fitbit charge 4 watch is useless unless your in a dark closet or using it at night, cannot use excercise setting at gym can not see screen and its on auto or normal when I set it in the dark

Best Answer

fitbit charge 4 watch is useless unless your in a dark closet or useing it at night cannot use excercise setting at gym can not see screen and its on auto or normal when I set it in the dark

Best Answer

การปิดโหมด​sleepก็ไม่ได้ช่วยแก้ปัญหายังคงไม่สว่างเหมือนเดิมเลย

Best Answer
0 Votes