Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 stats not resetting at midnight

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 4 has stopped resetting it's stats at midnight.  My steps just keep accumulating one day to the next. Performing a reboot has not worked. What other steps can I try to fix this issue? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The problem has been solved.

There are two ways of rebooting your Charge 4.

The first is to use the menus to manually select to reboot.

The 2nd is to attach it to the charger, supply it with power, then hold down the button for 5 seconds (it will buzz). It will power back up with a smiley face.

The first method did not seem to work

The 2nd method did seem to work.

There will be no indication either method was successful until the clock hits midnight and it either resets or not. 

At that point it will be another 24 hours to verify an further attempts, which is a bit frustrating. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Victor3000.

Thank you for trying to resolve the issue with your Fitbit Charge 4 before contacting us.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem has been solved.

There are two ways of rebooting your Charge 4.

The first is to use the menus to manually select to reboot.

The 2nd is to attach it to the charger, supply it with power, then hold down the button for 5 seconds (it will buzz). It will power back up with a smiley face.

The first method did not seem to work

The 2nd method did seem to work.

There will be no indication either method was successful until the clock hits midnight and it either resets or not. 

At that point it will be another 24 hours to verify an further attempts, which is a bit frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the response, @Victor3000.

I'm glad to hear that you resolved the issue with your Fitbit Charge 4. Thank you for letting us know how you did.

On another note, you are welcome to visit the Health & Wellness board to talk with other members about health and fitness.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of the "fixes" worked for me. I did the reboot, hard reset, and even tried removing and re-adding the fitbit (charge 4) to my device. It has been 7 hours and I am livid. Is there an actual fix for this???

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of the fixes work for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MadHater , the most usual reason for a Fitbit not resetting your data for a new day is if it does not “see” midnight i.e. the clock does not ever reach midnight, because that is the trigger for a reset.  

This can happen if you change time zones: for example, supposing your plane arrives with the Fitbit showing your home time as 10pm but it is 6 am in your new, arrival time zone.  As soon as your phone connects to the internet in your new time zone, and syncs to your phone, it will jump from 10pm (last known time) to 6 am - missing out midnight.  In that case the Fitbit never reached midnight, did not get the signal to reset, and the steps are carried over to the next day.

Something similar would happen if you haven’t synced your Fitbit in a while and it has started to lose time - suppose you notice at quarter last midnight that  your Fitbit is showing 11:45 - it has become 30 minutes slow!  You successfully sync your Fitbit and it now shows the correct time of 12:15.  But it “jumped over” midnight: result your steps are carried over.  It did not get the signal to reset.

Similarly, if you perform an update to your Fitbit just around midnight it also will not reset, as it cannot receive the resetting signal.

Could any of these possibilities apply to your situation?

Very, very occasionally for an unknown reason your Fitbit will not reset - presumably some very temporary glitch with either your internet or phone or Fitbit servers.  This really should not happen often.  In that case a reset, using either of the methods described above, can help.  Neither method will cause a reset of your steps.  It will NOT correct the error from the previous day.  However, it SHOULD prevent it from recurring the next day, if it was caused by an unknown glitch with your Fitbit.

I hope this helps.  Please post again if you continue to have this issue, or possibly start your own thread on the subject.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes