Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 step count inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am now really fed up with the incorrect step tracking on the Charge 4. I have changed my 1st as I thought it was faulty but now the 2nd one is doing exactly the same! In the morning it jumps from day 21 steps to 300 steps without me putting my foot outside the house or walking around!

i have tried everything! Resetting, calibration, changing to dominant arm etc - but with no luck! Any tips out there -because it seems I will have to change to another fitness tracker & I do so like the other features in the Charge 4?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29
I hope I win a lottery too, and that's probably a better bet than getting a fix for this problem from fitbit.

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
Best Answer
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks,  not sure of the benefit of the advice - we all seem to know that our fitbits are inaccurate.  What do you do next to solve the problem would be helpful.

If it's not easy to solve, i think mine will be going back to the shop, and i'll stick with my iphone

Best Answer

I've had nothing but very accurate results with two Garmin devices.

Best Answer

Had my new charge 4 one week now. Today as a passenger, with charge4 in my backpack in backseat, it counted 3900 steps - while I was not even wearing it... Smh. I'm still under the return period. We bought 2 of them - might return

Best Answer

Mine worked fine for about 2 months and then yesterday and today it counted about 20000 steps while I was asleep. There is not even a way to manually lower that count. It's accurate for the rest of the day so I have no idea what it's doing and I see nothing here that addresses the issue. Has a fix been issued for this glitch?

Best Answer

I was putting some screws into a table and it kept logging steps even though i wasn't walking. Isn't there a Gps inthis that should guard against this? I see it turned on as well.

Best Answer

Similarly, it records 10000 steps a day and I have DEFINITELY not walked 10000 steps. It seems that if it is on your hand then it is going to register a step every time my arm moves, not everytime I take an actual step. No?

Best Answer

Just bought mine 3 Days ago and today is the first day I have used it outside all day, my distance is 8k + and over 10k steps. I have walked 1 to 2 k max

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Charge 4 (a hand me down from my brother) for 5 months now. It was more or less ok, though I had to switch it to my dominant hand since it couldn't read anything because of the tattoo on my non-dominant wrist, a problem I didn't have with the Charge 2. Last night, my Fitbit recorded 10,000 steps at 4 am while I was fast asleep. The sleep data shows I was asleep too! What the heck

Best Answer
0 Votes