Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 stopped vibrating for notifications and AZM notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Fitbit charge 4 two weeks ago- everything was going smoothly- for the last few days it has stopped vibrating my cardio and fat burning and zone points during boot camp.  It has stopped vibrating for incoming messages AND most disappointing, it has stopped giving me my ten minutes step reminder.  I have reset, resynced, turned all notifications off then on again to try to get it going to no avail.   Now just today I noticed it was not counting my steps two different times today until I shook my wrist and tapped the watch.  Is this defective or because of the latest update? If so I need to return ASAP.  Any insight would be great! Thank you!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Yes, since the update mine have all stopped! Very disappointing and I’m unsure how to resolve. 

Best Answer

Thanks.  Mine is now not syncing either.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does this randomly too, I will get some notifications but not all but oh every time I start a phone call it doesn’t forget to let me know 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

No notifications here either. 
So disappointed. It used to work. 
I liked the urging ten minutes before the hour. 
I also miss the rockets for the reward of steps. Rockets are the best. 

Best Answer

I didn't know about the update, but my Charge 4 has also stopped vibrating when I get to fat burn or cardio zone while walking. That was very helpful and I, too, miss the rockets! Wish the powers that be would fix this. 

Best Answer

Yes mine has stopped vibrating too,

Best Answer

I just did the latest firmware update and I don't get the vibration when a notification for a text shows up.  Only time it vibrates is my inactive time at 10 to the hour.  I restarted... disconnected... everything but it's not working.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. I see where you're coming from. 

I'd like you to double check the following: 

• Make sure Do Not Disturb 

and Sleep Mode 

are turned off on your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?
  • On Fitbit Charge 3 and Fitbit Charge 4, turn on Exercise alerts to receive notifications about your workout in the Exercise app 

while do not disturb is on. Open the Settings app 

Do Not Disturb 

Exercise alerts.

To test the Charge 4's vibration motor, connect the tracker to the charging cable and check if it vibrates. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Txs for the reply!  This morning they started working again.

Best Answer
Mine is still not working
Best Answer

Hi Silvia, thank you so much for these helpful ideas. I set a sleep schedule and made sure it was not on DND, and when walking this morning I did get the vibrations when I was in fat burn etc. Kudos!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine worked while walking this am but not now. Not getting alerts to move

Best Answer

Me too!! It is really frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jobean70 and @SarahH76 Glad to hear that you started receiving reminders to move.

@Jipsigirl Welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

@Kaysy Thanks for getting back. 

If you're still experiencing difficulties with the reminders to move, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Since the update mine stopped notifications.  Yesterday it worked again, now today it stopped again.  Very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My dnd will not let me change it back nor will the screen wake.  The screen is very dim I can barely read it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting the hourly step notifications again. Not sure if I'm getting text and phone calls notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I rebooted w Fitbit chat help. And don’t think mine is working yet. I got buzzed on walk when I advanced to another zone but am not getting notified for hourly step notifications

Best Answer
0 Votes
Luckily, mine has continued to vibrate as it used to. Sorry for your
frustration!
Best Answer
0 Votes