Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 stopped vibrating for notifications and AZM notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Fitbit charge 4 two weeks ago- everything was going smoothly- for the last few days it has stopped vibrating my cardio and fat burning and zone points during boot camp.  It has stopped vibrating for incoming messages AND most disappointing, it has stopped giving me my ten minutes step reminder.  I have reset, resynced, turned all notifications off then on again to try to get it going to no avail.   Now just today I noticed it was not counting my steps two different times today until I shook my wrist and tapped the watch.  Is this defective or because of the latest update? If so I need to return ASAP.  Any insight would be great! Thank you!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

I'm ready to return my Fitbit.  It's nothing but a glorified watch tight now. Anybody have any insight why the notification stopped working?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try rebooting

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have. A million times.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same with me. So disipointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Charge 4 since January and it stopped vibrating and sending me notifications last week. Also the numbers are dimmer and it doesn't light up when I move my wrist.

Thanks, Silvia! The sleep mode was definitely my problem. My Charge 4 is vibrating again.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

If you stop receiving notifications on your Charge 4 from one day to another, I highly recommend to check the following as it has helped others: 

• Make sure Do Not Disturb and Sleep Mode are turned off on your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?
  • On Fitbit Charge 3 and Fitbit Charge 4, turn on Exercise alerts to receive notifications about your workout in the Exercise app  

while do not disturb is on. Open the Settings app Do Not Disturb  Exercise alerts.

To test the Charge 4's vibration motor, connect the tracker to the charging cable and check if it vibrates. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too shortly after getting it as well. I am just so disappointed with this charge 4 after my charge 2 died, that I'm researching fitbit competitors to see how they compare to the next charge device coming out soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think mine is working well at this time. I really like the features. You can call Fitbit and they’ll walk you through the process of correcting things

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

This seems counterintuitive and obtuse as a UI.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brokefang_no1 Hi there. I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

I'd like you to ensure that you've tried the procedure mentioned here. If you have but still experiencing difficulties, as mentioned by @Kaysy you could always get in touch with our Support team, they'll continue assisting you. 

@SquareState Hi there. Your feedback is appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed this procedure and still do not get the alerts 10 minutes before the hour if I haven't already achieved 250 steps.

I set an alarm just to be sure vibrations (which is set to normal) were working and it did vibrate this morning, so it's not that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SquareState Thank you for getting back. 

Let's try restarting your Charge 4 and set up the reminders to move from the online Dashboard. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

This is happening to me too as of today

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cgris Welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

Please confirm the troubleshooting mentioned here was performed. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can't really call rebooting the device and hoping the problem goes away "troubleshooting."  Nevertheless I did restart the Charge 4 and I went to the profile where I confirmed that reminders to move was enabled; I wont know whether it reminds me until 8:50 tomorrow (assuming I haven't by then walked the requisite 250 steps).

Best Answer
0 Votes

The buzz did not happen at 8:50 or 9:50.  The reminders to move is set up  exactly  as it has been for the last 4 or 5 years since the feature was introduced  - 10 hours  a day, 8:00 to 18:00 7 days a week and reminders are ON.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip to deactivate the ‘do not disturb’ and ‘sleep mode’ on my charge4.

it vibrates again when getting to 10 minutes before the hour and not having done my 250 steps!

Best Answer

@SquareState Thank you for getting back. 

Take into consideration that we exhaust all the recommended steps before proceeding with anything else. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

@Vero63 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. Glad to hear that once you checked your settings, everything went back to normal. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Miy Fitbit Charge 4 is also still not working correctly; no vibrations no Whatsapp nor Gmail messages etc.

All solutions mentioned were not succesfull. 

Please give a helpfull solution. Maybe a new update?

Best Answer

Mine's vibrating now, but when I raise my hand to see what it says, it doesn't light up. ;(

Best Answer
0 Votes