Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 stopped working after swim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Went for a 5 min swim in pool and then my Fitbit just stopped working. Tried charging / reset etc but simply seems to have died. Any fix...(?)

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

odd. did you towel dry it after coming out of the water?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes dried off - removed a protective screen, re-charged etc. Now it vibrates but no display nor can my phone establish any connection to it anymore. And I’ve only had it for 4 weeks...

Henrik
Best Answer

f you haven't already I would call support and get a case opened

Best Answer

I’ve got the same problem..

Best Answer

I am having the same problem after a very short swim.  I have only had it for 3 days. I dried it off when I was done, but the screen stayed black.

1. I plugged it in, but can’t see if it is charged because my phone can’t find it, but the screen is still black.
  2. It is vibrating when I push the button to restart it, but the screen is doing nothing.

It is incredibly frustrating to have something so new and expensive not working, especially because I specifically got this one to be able to track swims.

Best Answer

Have you tried holding the button for 10 seconds to restart?

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

Unfortunately I did. It just vibrates for ten seconds and nothing happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should probably call support.

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you watched 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RergqNUcZa0

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought on 7/21/20. Did water aerobics class in the pool on 8/13/20 and it died once the class was done. I wiped off the connectors with rubbing alcohol, tried reset, but absolutely NO vibrations at all. Even tried to put it in rice for 24 hours, still nothing. Chatted with support but they had to create a case and forward on to another department. So bummed because I specifically bought this model so I could swim with it since my Charge 2 died recently while paddle boarding. I hope they will replace it. I purposely did not want the larger face and thought the 4 would be perfect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you cant restart or reboot I think you should contact "Support". I swim every day using the Autostart and have no problems.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer

They are replacing mine, but you should know that it will be a long wait to make it happen.  It takes about a week for the other department to respond, then about a week for it to get to their warehouse.  I was told it could take up to a week for them to process the return and I am sure it will take about a week for the new one to arrive after that.  So they will replace it, which is great, but it will be a while.

Best Answer

Thank you 😊 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue twice with charge 3, they are not water proof up to 50m. They have a swim setting but anytime I’ve used it, my Fitbit stopped working- wouldn’t buy again. Probably better with Apple Watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same happen to me just now with charge 5

After swim got water damaged. I can see watter droplets inside.

I thought this suppose to be water resistant 😤

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @BlueWatter, welcome to the community, I recommend you talk to "Customer Support" here, and use the chat facility or phone for a prompt response.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer