Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 stops exercise app in the middle of a run or walk

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife and I both have Charge 4 trackers and mine continually stops recording my activity during a run or a walk. I set it up, begin my workout, and when I'm done I see that it stopped the activity after a mile or so. Sometimes it stops recording my steps, miles, or heart rate while I'm exercising. I've reset it several times but it is still doing this. What are my options? My wife's Charge 4 is fine.

It's disheartening to put in a great run only to see a part of it recorded.

And please don't tell me to use my phone to record the run. Isn't that the point of having a tracker with GPS on your wrist?

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JameslGleason.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 4. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they've done their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Thank you. I went through the support process with an online tech and did everything they asked. Unfortunately, it was everything I've already done, as I've been on this forum to see if anyone else has the same problem and could offer up a solution. I did the complete reset once more, but I haven't had the chance to test it out. I hope it works.

Best Answer

I had similar problem that the map recording always stopped in the middle of each run. 

Best Answer

What did you do? Did it get fixed?

I’m going to begin half-marathon training soon and want a device that doesn’t fail during the training runs. I need good data to work on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JameslGleason is your Charge 4 updated? I remember that long ago I had similar problems but it was solved with an update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I've done everything possible. It's updated to the latest firmware, the battery is never below 80%, the user data has been reset, I've deleted the iPhone app and reinstalled it, I've removed the Charge 4 from my app, and then reconnected it, I've reset all of the preferences, I've powered it down and then back up again...I've done all of that several times, but to no avail. I worked with tech support and have done everything they asked and it just did it again. It simply stops the activity without notification and then when I finish my run/walk I look down and it quit early or midway through the run/walk. What good is a wearable that doesn't work? I've been a Fitbit user since 2015 and am ready to give it all up and get an Apple watch. Most of my friends have done the same and if this doesn't get fixed I'll be looking for a Black Friday sale on the Apple watch. I hate to lose all of my data history, but I'm beginning training in December for a half-marathon with my wife and son and really want to work on my speed and endurance. For that, I need reliable data. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the update, @JameslGleason.

If after following the troubleshooting steps provided by Customer Support you continue experiencing difficulties please let them know. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support. Please click here to get connected.

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Supoj.

Hope that your issue be resolved.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me this morning a mile into my run.  Very, very disappointing.  Fitbit needs fix this soon or I’m going to another fitness tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes