Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 suddenly added over 20000 steps in a couple of minutes.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Somewhat bemused when before 9am this morning my Charge 4 starting buzzing for having reached 20,000 steps. On closer inspection the total was over 24,000 and when you look at the app this is all in big spike in the time line, which obviously doesn't make any sense whatsoever?!!!  Unless I suddenly became the Flash and didn't realise it? 😂 Anyway to correct/remove? And any reassurance that it won't happen again...???

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

This happened to me as well. It didn't end up fixing itself, and I couldn't change it. It hasn't happened since. 🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got in touch with customer support.  Thought they might want to know if it was a bug effecting a lot of people...  They don't care! Their solution was to log some driving activity to take it out of my main step count for the day but I have still also been awarded a few badges today because of it as well, which I haven't really earned!  It's almost looks like a bizarre hack, someone has been able to dump a load of steps data on my profile... V weird 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happened again this morning. Was just making breakfast and I went from 500 to 29000 *sigh*

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue : 4 times for last 2 months, all episodes took place in a bedtime during waking up probably because of Charge4 alarm vibrations .

02 jan 8:00am 53k fake steps

30 jan 8:55am 27k fake steps

06 feb 7:50am 30k fake steps

20 feb 7:45am 8k fake steps 

Today I restarted my Charge 4 so I hope this abnormal step counting should stop.

Anyway I'll be grateful for any tips or help!  

Best Answer

I called customer service and they saw a different number on their end than in my app. They has me unpair and restart my charge 4 three times. It didn't clear the data, so they replaced it for me. I guess it's a wait and see if it happens again. My charge 4 was new as of christmas.

Best Answer

This has happened to me twice recently, both times after charging it over night. Today it gave me 20k steps. My house doesnt vibrate nor does the fitbit have a vibrating alarm, so I dont know what's going on. I bought it last July and it has already been replaced due to straps breaking. 

Best Answer

Happened to me a while ago, but also 2 weeks ago I got 50k extra steps. Today it was 20k extra steps.

I just restarted my fitbit and reinstalled the app as suggested in another question on the forum here. 

Don't know whether this is fixed now as it happens very intermittently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happened to me today, was sat down working on pc till midday, stood up to stretch my legs at watch suddenly vibrates congratulating me on 20,000 steps. It had added over 24000 steps in one go.

nickt02_0-1687361291767.png

Very odd!

Best Answer
0 Votes