Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 swim exercise won't sync with Strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everybody,

Recently I bought the Fitbit Charge 4. I use it during my swim training. 

I have linked Fitbit with Strava, but unfortunately does Fitbit not sync with Strava. Probably I have done something wrong but I cannot find the answer to this...

I hope you can help my with this. 

Best regards,

Inge (from The Netherlands)

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Inge1970 -- unfortunately the Fitbit --> Strava sync only applies to GPS recorded activities (i.e., activities like running/walking/hiking that you start from the activity app on your Fitbit).  Fitbit swimming activities are don't use GPS (distance is calculated based on the pool length you enter, and Fitbit counting turns to identify the number of laps you do).  Here is a link to Strava Support on what they can import from Fitbit.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Inge1970 -- unfortunately the Fitbit --> Strava sync only applies to GPS recorded activities (i.e., activities like running/walking/hiking that you start from the activity app on your Fitbit).  Fitbit swimming activities are don't use GPS (distance is calculated based on the pool length you enter, and Fitbit counting turns to identify the number of laps you do).  Here is a link to Strava Support on what they can import from Fitbit.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Thank you for your answer!

Best regards,

Inge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aargh. I should have known this before buying Fitbit. Any chance Fitbit will improve on this before I fully regret buying one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree - would be helpful to have swims on Fitbit upload to Strava, without doing it manually!

Best Answer
0 Votes