Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 swim information inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Charge 4 yesterday and got it set up without any problem, went for a walk and noted the data was broadly correct.

I swam 1300 meters this morning in 42m 15s but the Charge 4 only recorded 37 minutes and 925 meters. Is there any way I can correct this inaccuracy? I started the exercise manually on the Charge 4, will an automatic count be more accurate? Appreciate any feedback from swimmers.

Cheers

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

It's great to see you around, @Gr4ndp4.

Regarding your inquiry, inconsistencies in your swim data may be caused by any of the following:

• You completed only a few laps
  • You stopped to rest multiple times or in the middle of the pool
  • You stopped to rest for longer than 60 seconds after completing a pool length
  • You changed your stroke type midway through a length
  • You swam with a kickboard or without using your arms
  • You swam less than the minimum duration needed for your swim to be automatically recognized

Let me know how it goes.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, the swim this morning went much better, recorded 53 lengths out of 54,
still not perfect but better. I swim consistently freestyle and do not stop
(why would anyone want to stop?) I took much more care starting the
exercise having taken my spectacles to the poolside (see my post about
spectacle wearers)
Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like you set the pool length correctly.  Daughter competitve swims and uses the manual swim function and has found it to be accurate with exception of non-standard strokes (i.e. kicksets w no arms).  Interested in what other swimmers have to say. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've used a number of other activity trackers and most throw a wobbler now
and again. On this occasion it was one length out, time will tell if its a
problem. Our pool hast "SWimtag" but not in use at the moment due to
COVID19 limits. My first experience may have been down to eyesight on
start, I'll know soon enough as I swim every day.

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Charge 4 five days ago and have swum four times with it. It seems to get the time mostly correct, and that's about it. I've tried automatic and manual, and it's about the same. Manual might be slightly more accurate. Today, I swam 1170 yards, but it only registered 400 and 88 calories. Friday, I swam 900 yards, and it only registered 100 yards and 38 calories. 

I've read the help/manual, and I don't change strokes in the middle of a length or stop for more than a second or two, and none of the other bullet points apply either. I do half of the laps freestyle and half backstroke.

I find it annoying that the exercise log entries can't be edited to correct the inaccurate yardage.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since starting this thread I have been swimming every day. I do about 60 lengths of a 25-metre pool. I rely on the auto start and it is generally accurate. Errors are limited to 1 length producing an odd number result where I always swim from one end. Inaccuracy can creep in when I'm forced to slow down (being unable to overtake other swimmers except at the ends in accordance with the COVID rules)

I'm pretty confident of my lap counting and reflect that those other activity trackers I've used were never 100% accurate.

Cheers  

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer

So pleased to hear not just me! Gutted. Didn’t count last week (it said 54 lengths, 40 mins). V mixed bag of free/ breast. Wanted to step it up tonight so did 2*30 length blocks and counted. Only my last set recorded despite manual start. I only stopped for a minute or two… so annoying! Run/ walk is great. Weighted HIIT classes only work on auto if quite aerobic. So annoying! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Charge 4 about 1 year ago and it tracked my laps and time perfectly until 2 weeks ago. Now it does even track that I’m swimming. I swim breast stroke and never stop … so frustrating. I will try resetting  the Fitbit to see if it helps. I really don’t want to bother starting my swim in exercise mode every time especially since I swim outside so I can’t see the watch face in the sunlight.

Best Answer
0 Votes