Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 tracked 14,000 extra steps when sleeping

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 4 just started tracking steps when I'm sleeping between 12am to 1am.  12000 to 17000 steps each night.  Last night I didn't wear it to bed, and it still tracked 14000 steps during that same hour. Can I rollback the last update?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I could try it, but this issue has only started in the last week or so.  I've owned the charge 4 for almost a year and never had this before.  It has always been paired to my phone.  This to me is a bug introduced by some sort of software upgrade rather than an overactive phone.  If what you were saying is the root cause, it wouldn't happen only at that particular hour, but throughout the day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @MA99. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information. This is very odd but I suggest you please confirm that MobileTrack isn't enabled. MobileTrack is a feature that records basic stats such as steps using your phone's sensors if you don't have a Fitbit device available. But there was a fan or anything buzzing nearby, or if your phone was vibrating during that time, that might have caused you to receive incorrect steps tracked.

If this is the case, I'd suggest you to remove this feature by following the steps described in this help article and monitor your tracker's behavior to see if this has any relationship. 

On a side note, in regards with your inquiry, there isn't an available option to rollback the last update

Hope this helps.

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I could try it, but this issue has only started in the last week or so.  I've owned the charge 4 for almost a year and never had this before.  It has always been paired to my phone.  This to me is a bug introduced by some sort of software upgrade rather than an overactive phone.  If what you were saying is the root cause, it wouldn't happen only at that particular hour, but throughout the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MA99 Thank you very much for your reply. 

I would recommend trying to disable MobileTrack and then please test the behavior and performance of your Charge 4. If you notice there isn't any change, please try to perform a restart by doing the steps here

On a side note, I'd like to let you know that if you see a Firmware update available for your Charge 4 in the next days, please make sure to perform it. For more information, I recommend visiting the following thread

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue with my charge 4 and charge 5. Restart and nothing. Also tried to go to the steps like an activity and edit them that way nothing. You can not edit your steps just what activity/thing you did to get them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update, manage data gives me the option to delete the whole days worth of steps. But not specific time. Moving in the right direction 

Screenshot_20220828-100158.jpg

Screenshot_20220828-100335.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes