Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 tracking too many miles and steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 4 tracking is off.  It is counting more miles and steps than I have covered.  This is brand new as of the beginning of May.  Firmware is up to date, phone is up to date, sensors are clean, and have tried rebooting multiple times.  This is incredibly frustrating and I am unable to get support from fitbit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @SergAnelloMusic. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for this inconvenience and thank you very much for the detailed information and for the steps you've followed prior to posting. At this time, I was able to see that you were able to reach out to our Support Team and they provided some troubleshooting steps. In this case, if you still require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case, I recommend replying back to your case or contact them one more time and they will be glad to continue assisting you. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

Hello also my charge4 calculates many more km. Using along with my old charge3 that works great, doing tests, with charge3 and charge4 together, the charge4 for 10km made counts 4 more. I've used all possible GPS combinations ( combined, integrated, phone) but all of them give me big km calculation problems, plus it never loads me the full map of my routes. I am very disappointed with this device. I've had the urge to use your products

Best Answer

Would you be able to share the information that SergAnelloMusic received from Support? I am having the same problem. My Fitbit is only 4 days old and it is not working right. It adds steps when I am standing in one place moving just slightly, or when I am sitting on the couch.

Best Answer

Here also the Same problems ... I like to walk and go out for A run... But the fitbitIt is counting more miles and steps than I have covered. When I'm at work, sitting on a chair hé still counts steps. When I'm walking or running it counts more than 10% extra miles. It also drives me crazy.... 

Best Answer

This is still an ongoing issue. My Charge 4 told me I ran 12 miles on a ten mile loop yesterday. I have done everything suggested in on all the forums to get the tracking to be more accurate. I have had the Charge 4 for 18 months and Fitbits before it, but this issue makes me hesitant to get a Charge 5--despite all the rave reviews I am seeing. 

I just need accurate miles for marathon training.

Best Answer
0 Votes