Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 very difficult to charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It can take me hours and hours to charge my Charge 4. I almost always have to wiggle the charger around on the device to get it to start charging. And more often than not, when I check on it a little while later, it was display a message saying the device isn't charging. Then I have to wiggle the charger around some more before it'll finally connect (I guess) to start charging. This has happened since day one, so it's not dirty connections or anything like that. 

Any suggestions? This is my fourth Fitbit device and I'm starting to think it is going to be my last. 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hello, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @elliemac62

Thank you for sharing all this information about the trouble you've been having with your Charge 4. 

Before considering other options, if this is related to the battery, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article and then check if you're still having trouble to charge the device.This has been useful for other users experiencing something similar. 

Hope this helps. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

100% positive nothing in the article you sent is the issue, unfortunately.

Best Answer

Since you can't delete them...so be it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What happened to the text that was actually entered on the post from nadinb? As the originator of the initial question, I received an email with the post from nadinb - and it wasn't nmmmm. nnn! Is someone at Fitbit actually censoring comments? I noticed some text was removed from my initial post as well. Not cool

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has a screen protector that makes charging a little sketchy. If you have one on, try removing it. 🤷🏼‍:male_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply, @elliemac62

There shouldn't be a problem to recharge the device in any way, but the majority of the times this is resolved with the steps mentioned in the article, and sometimes it's related to something else. It's always good to confirm that you've exhausted all troubleshooting options available, as it happens with any other electronic device. If you continue to experience the same problem, I do recommend that you contact the Customer Support team for further assistance here, as adjusting the charging cable every time would not be a permanent solution.

Regarding the post you mentioned from another user, it was not edited by a moderator, it was edited by the user who posted it; and in your original post, upper-case letters where changed to lower case, but not text was removed. You can find the Community Guidelines here

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with mine 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I have a tip that seems to work for me.  Often, when I connect the USB cable to my computer/charger first then connect the other end to the fitbit, I get a message similar to "Battery not charging, check the charger".  Sometimes the fitbit doesn't give me that message, but just doesn't charge.  I found it works consistently if I connect the charging cable to the fitbit first then plug the USB end into the charger/computer.  When I do get the "not charging" message, I unplug the USB end and plug it back in again.  That seems to work.

Best Answer

One would think after selling so many trackers this company would be able/willing to build a charger which works with the specific tracker. Considering all the problems people have with Fitbits not charging.... Not so much 

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for sharing that you've been having the same inconvenience with your Charge 4 devices, and welcome to the new users in the forums, @SophiaSut @ChrisInChgo @Pincess

If you already tried all the steps listed here to resolve problems to recharge the battery, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Thank you again for taking the time to share all your feedback about the product. 

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a consistently difficult time charging my Charge 4 since I purchased it several months ago.  I had no problems with my previous Charge 2.  The Charge 4 charger cable does not "lock on" to the Fitbit device in an appropriate charging position.  It depends on a precise alignment between the points on the charger and the charging plate on the device.  I see no confirmation of a proper connection.  It's frustrating to discover after an hour or more connected to the charger that the battery has not been recharged ar all.

Best Answer

So far this is working for me as well. Thanks for this! 

Best Answer

Hi, welcome to the Community forums, @cc14000

Thank you for sharing that you've been experiencing this same inconvenience with your Charge 4.  

Before considering other options, please let me know if you already tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned here earlier, as they have been useful for other users experiencing this inconvenience. 

@elliemac62 Thank you for your update as well, it's good to know that your device has been working properly. 😁

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried everything. Didn't work. Customer service wants me to send everything back to see if I will get a replacement. If? I've only had it since the end of May 2021, it's allegedly under warranty until the 27th of May next year. What kind of one year warranty doesn't last a year?!?

And you know what worked to make it charge again? A new charger. Fix the problem, Fitbit. You're dangerously close to violating state laws about selling things that don't work and then not honoring your warranty

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pincess Thank you for your reply and for taking the time to share all your feedback about the device and the warranty. 

It seems the Support team has been in contact with you about this. As you mentioned earlier, the warranty lasts for one year after the original date of purchase. You can find all the warranty details here

Thank you again for all the feedback provided and for confirming that you were able to resolve the problem with a new charger. 

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit should replace the charger so I don't have to borrow or purchase one while the tracker is under warranty. It's ridiculous to suggest that my charger is not under warranty when a charger is required to have a functional tracker. 

Best Answer

@Pincess Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with the Support team and with the product. 

Since you already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps suggested in the forums, it would be necessary to continue the assistance process with the Customer Support team. They will let you know how to proceed. 

Thank you again for all the feedback provided. 

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be a good idea to replace defective chargers under warranty without the customer having to send the tracker back. I use this to help me keep active, not having it for a few weeks in order to get a replacement charger defeats that purpose. Chargers cost pennies. Send them out with a return envelope for the old one.

Best Answer

@Pincess Thank you for sharing your feedback about the replacement process for chargers. Please know that all your comments are greatly appreciated. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes