Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 won't connect to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fit bit 4 is not pairing or connecting to blue tooth this has only happened since clocks went forward 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hi @Stringy67 Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. To look into this may I know if your phone is the only Bluetooth device next to your Charge 4 when trying to sync? If not, I'd suggest you to either take that other device to another room or turn off its Bluetooth settings to prevent any interference with the connection.

Additionally, please give a try to these other steps in the following order:

1. Remove your Charge 4 from the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
  2. Check if the Fitbit app is updated
  3. Force stop the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  4. Restart your Charge 4.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The issue is with the Fitbit. I’ve had Fitbit trackers for over 5 years with apps on both my iPhone and iPad working without issue. This latest Charge 4 was only purchased last month and has been a problem for the past week with Bluetooth dropping on both iPhone and iPad on a daily basis

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Stringy67 I'm glad to see you again.

Thanks for getting back with more details about this situation. I understand how you're feeling about having this issue with your Charge 4. Because your post didn't mention, did you try the steps suggested in my post? If not, please given them a try on your iPhone making sure to turn off the Bluetooth in your iPad. Once your tracker has synced, turn off the Bluetooth in your iPhone to sync with the Fitbit app. Please note that the pairing request must be accepted in your iPhone so your notifications can go through your tracker correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all this & it still keeps doing it. Maybe an app update will fix the issue when fitbit do the next one, 

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums, @Latrru.

Thanks for your efforts while troubleshooting your Charge 4. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and to look into this, may I know the model and OS version of your phone? Also, do you have other Bluetooth devices nearby? Please note having multiple Bluetooth connections at the same time might interfere with the syncing process.

In the meantime, let's try reconnecting your tracker to the Fitbit app:

1. Remove your Charge 4 from the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and restart your Charge 4 one more time.
  3. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  4. Select your Charge 4, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.
  5. Monitor its behavior in the next days and let me know how it goes.
Best Answer

I’ve completed all the above steps but still the message appears and now I’m not getting any notifications on my wrist at all

Best Answer

This has been happening with me for both my Charge 4 and my Inspire 2; it says I'm connected but when I try and go for a bike ride, it doesn't track the distance. That happened to anybody else?

Best Answer

Hi there, @Bikerman90. @RebelReynolds Welcome on board.

@RebelReynolds Thanks for trying the steps suggested above. I'm sorry you're having this experience and to look into this, may I know what is the error message that you're getting? Also, what is the model of your phone? I'm asking this as depending on your phone, there are some requirements that need to be met in order to receive notifications. If you haven't done so, please make sure to exhaust the troubleshooting described in here.

@Bikerman90 Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 4 and Inspire 2. Because you mentioned they won't track the distance, do you refer the GPS doesn't stay connected? If that's correct, let me recommend this help article which describes what factors impact the GPS connection, and some tips to improve its accuracy.

Best Answer

Thank you I have followed all the instructions on the link you sent me and I’m still not getting any notifications on my wrist. I’ve got the iPhone 11 and when I open my Fitbit app I get and error message. See photo attached

EC13B16B-D7F4-4E42-AF33-344D98A03FAD.jpeg

Best Answer

It was the update. The new update came out & all was fixed. 

Best Answer

Sadly not still not working 

Best Answer

Hi there, @RebelReynolds and @Latrru.

@RebelReynolds Thanks for troubleshooting your Charge 4, and the screenshot provided. Let me share this issue with the iOS Fitbit app showing that message has been reported to our team and they're working to release a fix soon. I'm sorry you're having this inconvenience and my best advice is to visit this thread in order to receive updates about this matter. Please know your feedback will be passed along to our team.

@Latrru Thanks for keeping the Fitbit app updated. I'm glad this got sorted out and I hope you can keep crushing your goals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you

Best Answer

Hi there, @RebelReynolds.

You're welcome, thanks to you for the time taken while troubleshooting your Charge 4. We'll keep updating that thread as soon as we have more details from our team. If you have any other question, you can always create a new thread to receive help from the Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is brilliant!!!! I've just spent hours trying to get my charge 4 to sync; and reconnect to Bluetooth.

This took awhile, but it worked, thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 4 was connected via the app to my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. It was taking forever to sync so I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Now I cannot get my Charge 4 to connect to the app on my phone. I’ve rebooted the Fitbit, force stopped the app, turned bluetooth on my phone off/on, rebooted my phone and still nothing. The app is updated. There are no other bluetooth devices in close proximity that are interfering with the Fitbit connection. I get to the step where I enter the 4 digit code generated by the Fitbit into the app and it just hangs. Get the message that “Sorry, the setup is taking longer than usual. Please be patient. We’re on it!” Well, after screwing around with this for over an hour, I have no flipping patience left! I don’t want to reset my Fitbit because I will lose a week’s worth of data. My Fitbit used to auto sync but that stopped working months ago. Every time I go in to manually sync, it takes forever and I usually have to close the app, reopen it and sync again. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Norcal_lisa.

Thanks for the detailed information and your efforts while working on this matter. I'm sorry you're having this experience with your Charge 4. Because it's been a few days since you shared this situation, may I know if your tracker is now syncing? I understand you've tried troubleshooting your tracker, but please make sure to have checked the requirements and exhausted the steps described in this help article.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything in the help article and I am still unable to connect my Fitbit.  I posted this yesterday but thought you might not have seen it so I am posting it in this message.

I am having exactly the same problem. My Fitbit last synched on January 27. Since then when I try to synch it stops with the blue line about half way then times out. I have tried all of the things Norcal_lisa has. I get the same circling message saying it’s connecting but it times out and says something went wrong. Please help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer