Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 won't connect to my iPhone SE

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 4, iphone SE 2020, phone&app utd.

After charging last night, time on the tracker was off by 54 minutes. Tried syncing without any luck. 

So far I have done this: 

-rebooted tracker while charging
-tried tricking it by installing new clock face from app. That worked, but still won’t sync
-removed tracker from app and phone
-rebooted tracker from it’s «settings» menu
-cleared all user data from the «settings» menu on tracker
- tried a number of times to reconnect tracker. It is found, and I get as far as entering the four digit code, from there it just stops. 

Tracker bought may-22, activated first time early june. 

Have had problems syncing for a while, but it always has been sorted out by removing/re-adding/rebooting. This time nothing happens. 

sent an e-mail via form to customer service regarding guarantee, but didn’t get any confirmation it was sent.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4
  • Have you tried clearing the fitbit cache on the phone?
  • Restarted/Shutdown the phone? 
  • Log out/in on the fitbit app?
  • Removing the fitbit hardware from the account, should be the very last step to try. 

Normally with a time issue 

• Set the time to the wrong timezone
  • Sync
  • Set to the correct timezone or Auto location
  • Sync 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Thank you for your help and recommendations. 

@Mallilen , A warm welcome to the Community !Thank you for your message and efforts.

Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices connected to the phone or nearby. (headphones, keyboards, etc.)

Please follow these steps, some you have already done, but the order is important:

• Restart your Charge 4 with the charging cable and pressing the button. 
  • Please on the phone, go to Settings>Bluetooth and remove all connections that exist with the tracker. (Forget, ignore or unpair device depending on the phone's operating system version)
  • Turn off Bluetooth and restart your phone. (switch off and on again).
  • When the phone is back on, turn the Bluetooth on again, but DO NOT try to connect to the tracker from there.
  • Go on the app. From here, try setting up the tracker as a new device.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JuanFitbit 

I have the same issue with my Charge 4 and my iPhone 8. I did all the steps and nothing worked. (Multiple times)

What can I do else?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@UweT , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and efforts. 

Do you have access to another mobile device? (eg, borrowed from someone, or an older device, where you could install the latest Fitbit app?

If so, install the Fitbit app on the alternative mobile device. Log in. 
Turn the Bluetooth off of the iPhone 8. 
Try setting the Charge 4 on the alternative device and your account.

Once the Charge 4 is connected to your account.
Turn the Bluetooth of your alternative device off. 
Turn the BT of the iPhone 8 on. 
Open the Fitbit app on the iphone 8. 

Try to sync the Charge 4 with the iPhone 8 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes