Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 won't respond to anything

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

17 month's seems to be the lifespan of a Charge 4. It's now completely dead after 5 days of not functioning randomly. Was going to do a reboot but found it completely dead. Not a single light after being on charge.

I saw others saying 17 months was all they got from their Charge 4 are other models any better?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 4 before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

In addition to the steps you've done, I'd recommend trying the following:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If none of the above has done the trick, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 4 before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

In addition to the steps you've done, I'd recommend trying the following:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If none of the above has done the trick, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Done all that. If I press side button for 6 secs or more it just vibrates.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

Since none of the steps suggested have worked, please feel free to contact our Support Team for further assistance. Click here to get connected.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes