Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 won't track my sleep data accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey

i saw similar questions about inaccurate sleep tracking, but mostly old topics (so still not solved after all these years)

I always have to sync manually when I wake up, or my fitbit doesn’t stop tracking ‘sleep’. Even if I’ve been out of bed or moving around a lot in bed (I really don’t lay still, I move positions often, sit up to pat a cat, fluff pillow etc)

This makes me doubt the accuracy of the awake periods too, because if it tracks me as sleeping when I’m walking around, why would it be correct on tracking me while I’m awake during the night

: It is set to sensitive, it happens on both wrists. I’ve restarted it.
Like this morning: I woke up at 5u39, I sat up and pat the cat. I got up to close a window on the other side of the house (i’m in the attic). Saw the time and decided it was too early, picked up the cat and went to lay in bed again. Even that didn’t show up as being awake and after I got out of bed again, it also didn’t stop tracking sleep until I went to manually sync it 20mins later at 6u20. That’s kind of ridiculous that I have to sync even if I’ve been awake for 40mins and makes me think my sleep is even worse than what is shown

Does anyone know why it’s so inaccurate and if I can do anything else but remembering to manually sync the app the moment I wake up? It doesn’t seem possible to edit the sleep times in the app unless I remove it and enter one manually, deleting all other info, rendering the fitbit useless

Might as well keep a paper diary instead..

greetings!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @Zanz!

Sad to hear that you're having issues with sleep tracking on your device. As you've described it, I'd strongly suggest setting sleep sensitivity back to default. Also setting up a sleep schedule could drastically improve sleep tracking. Please have a look here to see how to do that:

How do I set a sleep schedule in the Fitbit app? 

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer