Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 wrists band connector broken

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today while walking my Charge for fell off my wrist.  I thought the band had just detached, but it was actually the connector piece that is part of the fitbit device that broke.  The piece broke off inside the band, so now my Charge 4 is pretty much worthless.  Any thoughts on how I can continue to use it?

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi, @velosoul unless you can somehow glue the broken bit on I am afraid that you probably won’t be able to securely wear it on your wrist any more.  It will continue to count steps if you wear it in a pocket.

Might be time for an updated tracker?  There have been lots of changes and updates since the Charge 2!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact thing happened to me on  Sunday. I thought it was the band and I had a spare, but it's the attachment pieceon the actual fitbit that has crumbled away. Tried to contact Fitbit, getting a bit of a run around 

Best Answer

Hi, @Tinad2 I honestly think at this point contacting Fitbit is just a waste of time.  No disrespect at all to Fitbit, but you are probably not going to get much more than “I am sorry for the inconvenience” for a Fitbit so many years old.  In the electronics world things change so fast.

Maybe it’s time to upgrade your Fitbit?  I can really recommend the Inspire 3.  I have enjoyed mine a lot.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my 4th fitbit.  They have all broken in a similar manner, so at this point I swapping to Garmin.  

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me.  It was only a few days over the 1 year warranty.  Had to buy a new fitbit.  

Best Answer
Thanks for your message, but it's a shame as I have a couple of lovely straps that are now no use! 
Did you go on to buy another Fitbit? 
Tina

Sent from Sky Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
Yes I did however, I have plenty of bands already.

Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone
Best Answer

@velosoul @4RYCZD and @Tinad2 Amazon sells bands like this that work in situations where you can't reattach the original band to your Fitbit. Amazon has some other options as well, if you don't care for that particular style. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

Good suggestion 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey same happened to me this week! Cannot attach as main clip on fitbit snapped off! Nothing wrong with it only 1.5 years old! I’m looking at a clip on Amazon !..

Vozehui Clip Holder Case Compatible with Fitbit Charge 3/4 for Sport, 2-Pack

Best Answer
0 Votes

look at these mine broke off main body too -Amazon 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hoping this works

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this. 

I ended up buying a garmin instinct 2.  I am very happy with this purchase.

Best Answer

This is my 3rd Fitbit.  The first two seemed to work well, however, the replacement that I purchased a week ago is crappy.  The screen is dim and I can hardly read it. I'm sending it back and getting something else.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Julia, I decided to go away from Fitbit and just ordered a nice new watch/tracker and it was only cheap but I love it. Does much more than the Fitbit so I'm delighted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for that Amanda, I didn't realise they had wristbands that you could insert the fitbit face into. I did buy another Cheap tracker which turns out to be fab, but I've kept my fitbit face and could always buy one of those bands if this doesn't work out. Thanks again for sharing

Best Answer
0 Votes