Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR burning my wrist

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I woke up in the middle of the night to a crazy burning sensation on my wrist. The tracker had been twisted around to the backside in my sleep & it felt like a little hot coal in there. I immediately removed my HR & was surprised to find that it was not hot to the touch. Yet I still have a red burn spot??
I love my tracker & wanted it mostly for sleep, heartbeat, & steps. I sometimes sleep walk & like to check my nightly activities in the morning. So taking it off at night as suggested in other threads is not an option. I either wear it to sleep or not at all.
I keep mine clean & wear it loose. I did notice that the battery was very low. I'm wondering if that's the connection? I would like to know if this thing is safe. Is it going to cause any kind of health problems in my future? Keeping track of myself is pretty cool, but not something I would trade anything for.
Thank you

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Community @puddlebug. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you experienced. Since you have tried the Fitbit recommendations in the Product Wear and Care page, please be so kind to contact Customer Support. This won't cause any kind of health problems in the future. Catch you later.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I turned off the heart monitor ( green light) and since then, no pain. If I turn it back on, I DO get pain, so that is definately the reason for my pain.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue last night. I felt discomfort on my wrist and when I looked under face of watch I had a burn mark and removed watch immediately. The battery was at 17% I've had it for 3 months and first time it happened. Love the fitbit and info it provides but put old citizen watch back on. 

Best Answer
Hi! Yes, indeed, it is weird isn’t it.
I managed to solve the problem by turning off the heart monitor.
Then it was OK!
Such a shame to not use it at all.
I hope the tip works for you.
😆
Dianne
Best Answer
0 Votes