Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR heart rate readings are too high

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The HR starts correctly then just keeps going up and up. Starts at 69 which is normal but then goes up to over 100 even though I am sitting on the couch. This is a new device. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome @CindySlI'm happy to see you participating in our Community.

Thanks a million for reporting this. I'll be glad to give you a hand with your Inspire HR. This is not a normal behavior, I'd recommend to restart your Fitbit Inspire HR.

I'd like to mention that your heart rate may be affected by any a number of factors at any given moment. Movement, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, caffeine intake, and medication use are just a few things that can affect your heart rate. Different medical conditions and medications can impact your heart rate as well.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Welcome @CindySlI'm happy to see you participating in our Community.

Thanks a million for reporting this. I'll be glad to give you a hand with your Inspire HR. This is not a normal behavior, I'd recommend to restart your Fitbit Inspire HR.

I'd like to mention that your heart rate may be affected by any a number of factors at any given moment. Movement, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, caffeine intake, and medication use are just a few things that can affect your heart rate. Different medical conditions and medications can impact your heart rate as well.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @CindySl — anything between 60-100 bpm is considered a normal resting heart-rate, so 100 isn’t really ‘over the top’ for sitting on the couch.  Many things other than exercise can affect your rate at a given point in time as well, such as: hydration, room temperature, whether you have eaten recently, drinking alcohol, smoking ...

You can read a little more about it here.

Although you can restart your Fitbit (plug in, hold button for 5 seconds or so until you feel it vibrate) if you are convinced it is reading inaccurately, I would just wait a few days or weeks, evaluate what is ‘normal’ for you be looking at your daily records over time, and then work on your fitness in order to lower the daily average a bit.

Hope this helps.  Let us know how it goes.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your input @Baltoscott. That information is really helpful. See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
We reset the FB and it rest itself and is now reflecting my normal of 55 to 60 RHB. Thank you for your quick response.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @CindySl! You're welcome, I'm glad to see that your Fitbit is acting normally again. Please feel free to come back at any time, we try to take care of all the members of our family. Heart

I don't know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Get Moving and Challenge Your Environment.

Keep stepping around in the Forums! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Resting heartbeat of 51–53 is correct.

Top heartbeat at 170 is crazy, crazy.

Since I'm 76, top heartbeat will be in the ballpark of 144 (220 minus 76 =144).

That accords with measurements on Polar chest strap when I did runs topping out around 153.

This sort of Fitbit error applies to swinging kettlebells, incline level 12 on treadmill, and mini jogs of 50–90metres up slopes during a walk. It's as though it detects an increase and draws a 45° incline graph.

Metering sleep is ok because that's at resting pulse.

Best Answer

I restarted mine but as soon as i put the fitbit on without is sitting on my wrist for more than 10 seconds it already gave me my heartrate at 99 and its still high it has yet to go below 90 for like an hour and ill ive been doing is watching tv

for me this didnt work and nobody is replying so idk

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

My daughters Fitbit does the same thing with the HR continuing to rise above 100 while sitting at rest.  After trying to restart her Fitbit I get the smiling face but no vibration.  So With my Fitbit on my wrist measuring 50 bpm and my daughters fit bit on same wrist right next to my Fitbit, hers measures 104 bpm!  Do I need to return her Fitbit?

Best Answer

Did u get an answer?

Best Answer

Hi, my fitbit charge shows too high heart rates as well. Rebooting the device does not work. It sometimes goes from 58 to 120 in seconds while doing nothing.

My other heart rate measurement equiment and manual counting shows it is not my heart rate but flunky measurement of the fitbit.

Please advise.

Best Answer
You're surely right.
I like 'flunky'!

My fitbit still overreads my heartbeat at max somewhat, but not always, and
not by as much as when I discovered my age was incorrectly entered. I'm now
entered on it correctly at 78!

It reads the resting heartbeat much better.
Mine is low and has been for decades (48–52 per minute).

Are you sure your fitbit isn't measuring your Ferrari's acceleration
😂🤗😜
deryck
Best Answer

During my stationary bike exercise fibit is 111 while apple watch 8 showing 82 who is correct ???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told by Fitbit tech support that Fitbit HR is approximate and not to be used for medical purposes.  I will see if I can find their exact wording if I have not posted it previously.

0FAEF5F6-D8FA-4E0E-BE0F-E8D7F59AC6B7.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with mine.  I have restarted, updated, reinstalled.  I am 70 and need accuracy.  The wild swings means I can't really tell how fit I am.  I can be just pedaling my elliptical slowly, not breaking a sweat after 15 minutes and my tracker shows 140.  If it is an algorithm, as the mileage errors seem to be, is someone reprogramming it?  I expect a bit more realistic and accurate HR without wearing a heart monitor.  I do love my fitbit but I do not trust it.  It has been this way for 2 years, nothing I do fixed it.  Thanks for any advice

Best Answer

Glad to have found this.  I have a new Charge 4, replacement for an older charge 4.  This week it keep going from 60 to 124 and stays there for about a minute and then back quickly to 60.  Taking my pulse as it shows 124 and it is 60.  should I worry?  Or is it a quirky thing, as it appears to be from this thread but as someone with health anxiety it is worrying.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My concern is when i am Mall walking ( normal walk) my iPad show heart of 74 -76 wheres as Fitbit charger 5 shows 120 plus thats my concern of Fitbit dependability

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I occasionally have Afib.  I am in it now.  But every time my Versa 3 is way higher on HR than my O2 monitor and my bp monitor.  It's like 30 to 40 different.   When the bo and O2 read high hr, then after awhile from taking my meds for it they come down slowly at a time.  My Versa3 stays high.

Best Answer
0 Votes