Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR life expectancy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone please tell me what is the normal or reasonable expected life span of thr charge hr? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
50 REPLIES 50

Agree. Same here. Badly made product. Not to be bought again

Best Answer
MIne is still putzing along. The device functions fine, but the BODY of the thing is literally held together with glue and heavy cellophane tape! I have to trust the next one will be sturdier; I will get one when I find the funds!

GOD IN YOUR HEART! ¡DIOS EN TU CORAZÓN!
Dr. David B. Bowie

Love like Jesus!
Improve conditions!
Fight for Justice!
Energetically Praise!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My third one just broke. I take good care of it. They lasted about 6 months each. And i loved mine, but would not buy another fitbit.  

Best Answer

Super glue s your best friend for these bands delaminating 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine have lasted about 6 months each before the strap starts coming away from the unit and developing bubbles under the surface. 

Has been replaced each time by Fitbit under warranty but still shocking poor quality. Definitely won't get any other Fitbit projects in future.

Best Answer
Hi we have just had number 5 replacement. One was a week old when it stopped charging. Did u realise they do replace them.? I just keep filling out the replacement form. It should be a recall by now bjt they refuse to do it. Thanks shana

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, mine IS a replacement, and has lasted well over a year, with glue, tape, and prayer!

GOD IN YOUR HEART! ¡DIOS EN TU CORAZÓN!
Dr. David B. Bowie, Pastor

Love like Jesus!
Improve conditions!
Fight for Justice!
Energetically Praise!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Superglue lasted just a month. Are all fitbits the same poor quality?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only Charge HR or does the other Fitbit models have the same problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found that the Charge HR has a short lifespan. I have had 3 in 2.5 yrs. all are in flawless condition aesthetically but disappointing to say least

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Andgrs

I believe that the adhesive they used for these bands is substandard. 

Charge, Charge HR and Charge 2 have band delamination problems. 

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Fitbit,

This thread proves a Charge HR is very unpredictable to regards to the life if this product being 2/3-13mos. However, this sample of 30 customers bought morr & more units. I’d say after 3, you’ve lost a customer & in some cases thats true. The positive, many of these cusfomers are willing to pay full reatail for item they had 6mos 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FirBit offered to replace my HR unit which seems very decent of them, but also an amission? If upgrading what unit so suggest?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Andgrs wrote:

FirBit offered to replace my HR unit which seems very decent of them, but also an amission? If upgrading what unit so suggest?

I'd go with a Charge 2 if you don't want to spend the high dollar on a Ionic. 

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I've been lucky.  Mine is almost exactly 2 years old.  Recently the band started coming apart and today it blew out completely.  The only reading I get is 6:00 on December 31.  I was hoping it would last longer.  I really liked it but thinking about a Garmin or Apple Watch at this point. Quite a bit pricier but much higher quality I would think.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on my third Charge HR in about 2 years.The first one stopped charging, the second one I lost the toggle for when moving, and this newest one (which I got last week) is already trash as it won't stay charged for even a full day. Honestly, I would suggest not going with the HR. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree. My FitBit was replaced with50% discount. Mistake. Should have rather
bought a differnt brand.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

True. My FitBit was replaced by a Blaze via a 50% discount. Stilla waste now looking at another brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge HR lasted a month shy of 3 years with daily continuous wear except for removal for showering.  I was pleased with it.  Towards the end it still held a charge for 3 days or so.  When it died it did so by not charging and not waking up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge just died I had it since 10-31-15 . I did have a replacement about 6 months in. But I loved it, wore it everyday. Admittedly never cleaned it just took it off to shower. I have the scale too. It does help to keep me in reality. Just ordered another one.

Best Answer
0 Votes