Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR lights stay on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Battery drains very fast. lights stay on constantly.  after giving it a full charge, battery half dead afte 1 hour.  bought it 6 months ago, first trouble i have had.  Retarted it 6 times, as suggested in earlier posts, no help.  any ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

I started having this problem last night. After going through the support, they told me to buy a new one. Since I am out of one year warranty (bought Charge 2 in Nov 2016), all they could give me was 25% discount for new purchase. Interestingly, this started happening after a software update on the Fitbit app. Not sure both of these are related.

Best Answer

Am having the exact same problem with a Fitbit Alta HR, like many replies the problem started just after the warranty expired. Disappointed to see this is a common problem, so obviously an inherent fault, but with no solution. This thread being marked as solved for a response that simply advises to contact support isn’t very helpful, especially since the common experience appears to be support advising ‘buy a new one’.  I expect Fitbit’s reputation will suffer if this is such a common fault with no solution, says a lot about lack of quality and reliability.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought an Apple Watch!! Problem solved. 🙂

--
Thank you,

Nicole Berning
Best Answer
0 Votes

Contacted customer support,and now a replacement is being sent. I have to say the customer support experience was pretty positive, both for the timely responses and of course the good outcome for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Setting the Heart Rate under settings to AUTO from ON, worked for me. The green light goes OFF automatically when I don't wear it. It wakes up when there is a movement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue happened to my Charge 2.    I was devastated, but decided to try something.   I stuck it in a drawer for 3 weeks (so the lights constantly on didn't bother me).   After about 3 weeks, the battery is totally discharged and I plugged it back in to charge.   Yes!!!!!   It worked.    everything is good now, we'll see how long it lasts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

just go to settings check heart rate option automatic. if it is not automatic make automatic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried that first thing...didn't work.

Thanks,

Kevin Roth
Regional Director of Healthcare Sales

Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc.
4013 Hemlock Park Drive Kingsport, TN 37663
Office: 423-341-7688

Visit us: Count on Konica Minolta

Disclaimer
Best Answer

Green light stays on continuously. Bit won't work and runs battery down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HOLY SMOKES. I found the solution!!! This was driving me absolutely nuts. The green lights on the back were ON continuously. Did all the reset combinations suggested. Switched the heart monitor from "auto" to "on" to "off"... NOTHING!!! UNTIL I found this genius video on resetting to factory setting. GREEN LIGHTS TURNED OFF!!!!  Simply follow these instructions. After you perform the sequence, let the fitbit charge HR sit for a few minutes. I can't believe that the customer service reps did not let anyone know about this!!! Here is the link to the video...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8QigJQbuIo

Best Answer
0 Votes