Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR won't charge at all

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit won't charge at all I have tried all of the solutions what am I supposed to do

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

My Fitbit hr is 1 1/2 years old, I have tried all the sugested solutions, none of which have worked. Is this a common fault? 

Best Answer

Not sure mine charged when I disconnected and started again but I do think the charger cable aren’t very good try getting in touch with fit bit themselves 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit won't charge either.  When you say press button... what button??

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the side of the unit there is a little button 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The button that you press to show your steps and stuff mine the fit bit one hope this helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Gave up on mine and threw it in the recycling. Definitely won't be going
anywhere near another Fitbit device ever again and will advise anyone who
will listen to me to do the same. Thankfully the market is a little more
competitive these days.
Best Answer

Fitbit will not charge at all. Totally blank screen. I’ve tried the ‘plug in, hold the side button for 11-12 seconds’ solution but the screen stays totally blank. 

This solution didn’t work. The screen is totally blank. I’m using the Fitbit charging cord. When you say ‘plug it into the back of the Fitbit’ what do you mean. There is nothing on the back of the Fitbit Charge 2 to plug anything into. 

Could the screen be dead?

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Good to see you all in the Community Forums! 🙂

@Jetops, I'm very sorry to hear that 😕 Are you still having problems with your tracker not charging properly? If so, let me know. I'ld like to provide more help!

@livcarrbrook, sorry to hear that. You need to press the button to restart your tracker and see if that helps. If you've not tried it already, you can give that a try. For this, plug the charging cable to any USB port or UL-certified USB wall charger and plug the other end to your Charge HR. Press and hold the button for 10-12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and the version number and release the button.

@Jo2227, this thread is about the Fitbit Charge HR. If you have a Charge 2 and would like to restart it, please, follow the suggestions on this article. Let me know if you need more help and I'll be happy to assist!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

NEW Charge 2 will not charge or rest. When I got this out of the box last week I thought stupid charging method and the rise on the contacts cheap design. Maybe I am dumber than a rock but all the "solutions" repeat what is posted on Google by Fitbit. What really works? Fitbit says put your Fitbit on the charger plugged into your computer then press the reset side button until you see a number then let go. You cannot push the button when on the charger covered by the stupid charging helmet; I call it. The button is not useable when in the helmet. Not in the helmet I turn off the Fitbit. No number comes up just off or on. Turn back on.... no battery life and will not charge! This cheap quality hasn't changed. I had the first one they sold no problems with working. My Apple watch is not easy enough to track all my movements in a day so I paid $145 for this because it does that. Fitbit is great in what it performs but sending this back! Oh and the pastel colors still stink.... said long ago where's orange or red or lime green not these dull colors. Does anyone have actually a solution? Also the contact lights shimmer, not solid or flash. Either no lights or shimmer..... 

Best Answer

Shelf life for mine one week!!! I'll return and get an app for my Apple watch. 

Best Answer

Sounds like BS to me. I have 3 Charge Hr's and all three stop syncing and charging with-in a 36 hour period.. Looks to me that fit-bit wants us to spend money and upgrade to a more expensive devise...……. thoughts?    I'm saying good-bye to all of our fit-bits in our family!          Oh forgot to say I have been trying to get ahold of customer support. NO LUCK YET.

Best Answer

When I plug in my fitbit it shows the battery icon,but after that nothing at all happens. It stays that way.It's been charging for about 6hours and there is no change. It's new,I baught it today.

Best Answer

Update: I left my Fitbit on the charger for three days! Just forgot about it until I would return it. Glad to report I took it off the charger. Turned off then restart, it has worked since. I use it everyday. Fitbit might be very cheaply made it is, overpriced it is, and colors do suck, but it does what we needed it to do. Track! When I figure out how to make my Apple watch a "fitbit" I will go with Apple watch, until; this is doing its job. . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This “solution” just starts the stopwatch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried the solutions but nothing it was working,  I updated it then it went  blank and now  nothing

Best Answer

Where is this button? 

Best Answer

2 days after i received my 2nd fitbit (1st blaze lasted me 2+ years and i loved it), it abrumptly turned off.  My fitbit won't charge (turn on, flash, show any sign that it's charging).

I've tried the following without success:

- cleaned the ports/battery contacts

- tried multiple different charging sources (wall outlet @110V & 220V, computer, portable power bank)

- put device in freezer for a week, then left out for another 9 weeks to see if the battery might need to drain completely before attempting to charge again in order to conduct reset (left button + bottom right).

- contacted Fitbit support and was told my case would be elevated and receive an email from Fitbit to continue troubleshooting options (haven't received email yet).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem and I have clean my Charge 3 and the charger and it still won't charge. What do I do now? 

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of your suggestions and still nothing....now what???

Best Answer
0 Votes
You know once you set it in the charge base, not the best design, it must
click to properly set, and then you see the charging lines confirming. Mine
works great now.
Best Answer
0 Votes