Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR won't charge at all

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit won't charge at all I have tried all of the solutions what am I supposed to do

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

I’ve got a Flex2 and I’ve had it for 3 years. This week it just stopped working and the app can’t seem to find the device if it is not on the charger, plus no matter how long it’s on charge it only shows one white light. Before I came on here I was trying all the various tips (restart, reset, check Bluetooth etc.) but now I think I’ll have to accept that I’ve had a good run and that the device as given up the ghost 😩 

Best Answer
I liked mine while it lasted, too. At the cost, the life is too short. I declined the discounted offer for a new one; why buy something that has such a brief useful time? Fitbit lost me as a customer.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If I may ask, how long did yours last?

Best Answer
0 Votes
About 2-3 years by the time it finally ended up dying.
Best Answer
About two years before I went through a reset process, then for about a half year after that before it gave up.
Best Answer

Totally agree. Got one recently, didn't work, wouldn't charge (had it charging for over five hours, on and off), it kept on going dead, no screen operation apart from "setup" which was totally non responsive, then went dead.  Final straw when that pretentious website invited me to find out the "skinny" about it all.  In plain English, for f***ks sake don't waste my time with your dumb slang, give me a product that works.  OK I'm old fashioned, I believe in "plug and play", but I also insist that the stuff I buy actually works.  

Best Answer

I have the inspire will this work with inspire?

Best Answer
0 Votes

To be fair, I 've had my Charge 2 for three years and it has gone through periods of only staying charged for a few hours, but hasn't done that for 6 months or so. Seems to last 6 days now.

Maybe it's the USB port you are using? 

Best Answer

Yes, same problem as many identified here.  I tried all the solutions recommended to no avail.  However what did finally finally work was taking a cue tip dipped in rubbing alcohol cleaning both back of watch connections and charger points.  Let it dry and hooooray hoooray!!!   This was my second fitbit and like others on here my first died a 1.5 years,  so far this one lasting 2.5 years. 

Hopefully some of you who gave up try this and have success!

Best Answer

they said...sorry, 2 month past warranty, but we'll give you 35% off another device..i bought the sensa, but still find the fact that Versa2 won't charge.  there must be more troubleshooting to do besides, charger issue, clean the contacts, but i've yet to find it.

Best Answer

I just got my new sense and it is not charging neither. I read the comments here and nothing is working.

Best Answer

Almost a year, with problems in-between. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband bought it at amazon, 4 days ago. I think I will return it, if I can....

Best Answer

Hello everyone! @cynx@RuthSP, welcome to the community forums! @LouWanda @vonBeavis thanks for your great input! 

If the troubleshooting steps didn't work, the best way to get help is to contact our Support Team for further assistance. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. 

On a side note, if other questions arise, I recommend posting on the Sense board, this way we can have our forums organized. 

@cynx thanks for the information and feedback! I was informed by the Support Team that you contacted them. Since you have received assistance from them, I suggest you to update your case or get in contact with them one more time if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions.

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is called programmed obsolescence, and yes, either battery life is awfully short or they want people to upgrade too often, either way I am not touching a Fitbit ever again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is very annoying!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this problem where my Fitbit HR will not charge. I've tried holding the button down until the version number shows but it doesn't work. No version number ever shows. I'm down to 8% and can't get this darn thing to charge. I've cleaned the battery contacts. Still not charging. It's the most frustration device to charge. It takes a long time of playing around with every single time it needs a charge. It's so frustrating.

--------------------------------------

None of this works! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you buy the battery/ kit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not been able to charge mine for months!,!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also can’t get into the fit bit app. It just won’t launch 

Best Answer