Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge2 recording way too many floors

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the past month my charge 2 has been quadrupling, at the minimum, the number of floors I climb each day. I have restarted the unit several times hoping that this would help resolve the problem, no such luck. On Monday of this week it had me at 236 floors in one day, every day this week it has been at over 100 a day. Usually, I'm in the 20 to 40 range and consider my stair climbing to be a valuable part of my activity. It's at the point now that I can't trust any thing it records with regard to flights climbed. I'm also concerned that all these extra added flights scew my step count as well. Any suggestions of how to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
101 REPLIES 101
All is good. Had to clean out the gunk covering the hole in the back.

Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge two was logging way too many floors.  It seemed to happen after I did an update.  I tried all the suggestions on this site.  Finally....I deleted the app and went to the App Store and downloaded it again.  WORKED!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had that problem with my Charge 2 as well, but Fitbit support helped me through it. I haven’t tried deleting and reinstalling my app. Did you still have your historical data?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. It even kept my steps from earlier in the day.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes.  It even kept my data from earlier that day.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for letting me know your historical data was safe. I’ll try it now!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I uninstalled and reinstalled the app! It works! 

Best Answer

How do I uninstall my app and install it again

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is why I like that the inspire, it does not have an altimeter. 

Best Answer

I have an iPhone.  Press and hold on the app until it’s starts shaking and a little X will be in the corner.  Press the x and it will say that it will delete all the info. Press ok.  Then go to App Store and and go to fitbit app and reinstall.  Hope this helps.  Worked for me. Also after it reinstalls if you want to have it on the same place on your phone, hold down until it shakes and move it wherever you want.  Message me again if you need too.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution does not work for the new Charge 2 I bought this week. I’ve reset it at least a dozen times and set it up as new device multiple times and it still days I’ve gone 63 flights when I’ve only climes one set today

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you delete the app from your phone or pad?? And then re-install??

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try to completely delete the app on your phone or tablet. Then go to App Store and re-install it? That worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit charge 2 floor calculating wrong... how to solve this issue..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted then set it up as a new device. It worked correctly again for a couple of days and then started counting floors too high. I live in a one level house and it is showing 60 floors today.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try deleting the app and going to the App Store and re-installing it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Delete your app and go to the App Store and re-install was the app.   Worked for me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have charge 2  last evening went off i put in charge  and after one hour went on again the tine is off to two hour  i don.t know what to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would make sure the altimeter opening (very tiny hole located at top on the back) isn’t clogged. Also, I occasionally use a cotton pad with alcohol to clean off back of watch and go around edges of raised portion on back with a tooth pick to remove debris. This usually solves the problem for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes